Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I have a automatic 2003 Mustang v6 convertible. So, I'm unable to put it from park to drive. I thought it would be the brake light switch so I replaced it but that didn't work. There are two wires that connect to the brake light switch, and one was disconnected so I had it taped onto the switch and there would be a spark. Right before I replaced the switch I wasn't getting any sparks and I still don't now that I replaced it. The brake lights do not come on and yes I installed it properly. I checked the fuses, they seem to be ok. I don't think I need to replace the neutral safety switch because the break lights should come on if that was the case, right? So, not the brake light switch, not fuses, not neutral safety switch, so what could it be? I noticed a white and blue plastic clip that is clipped onto the brake pedal with two wires connected to it. Does that have anything to do with it? Please help me out, Its thanks giving and I have to drive to visit my family. Any ideas would be extremely helpful. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
what color is the wire that you taped up and tried to put it back in?

·
Registered
356 Posts
This same thing happened to me with my 04. It was a wire on the little black plastic box, which is what I am guessing you are referring to as the break switch but im not sure. I took the whole thing off and soldered the wire back in place. It was one of the small thin wires right above where your foot is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wire is brown and red i think. And i don't think that black box (brake light switch) is the case because Im not getting any power to the switch, i think.

·
Registered
356 Posts
... maybe thats your problem, check the wire that supplies power to the break switch. I am just saying this because it is the same exact problem I had, and maybe the wire is just a little loose? My problem turned out to be that my foot caught on one of the small power wires in the switch and it pullled it out, so I would double check all of those wires, even though it is a pain to check

1 - 5 of 5 Posts