Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you know if they are going bad? Ever since i got the car, no gears have been too smooth as compared to my friends 95 gt. Everytime i want reverse, i have to put it in first, move up a lil then put it in reverse or else i will grind my gears. i got a steeds tri ax shifter thinking it would do something but it still feels stock.

·
MM's Ginger
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
663 Posts
skuzzy, I had the same issue with my stock transmission in my 96 Cobra. Reverse always required a magic sequence of gears before going into reverse.

The transmission kicked the bucket a few months later at the track.

I'm not saying yours is dead but I'm fairly certain this is a common issue with the manual transmissions in the SN-95 cars.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My reverse is iffy, I usually have to hit 5th then slam reverse. First is the same except from 2nd to first.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My reverse is iffy, I usually have to hit 5th then slam reverse. First is the same except from 2nd to first.
This is pretty much 100% what my transmission did prior to dying. First gear had to be a little ritual of second to first if it was sitting. Reverse was 5th to reverse... sometimes requiring me to shift into third and stuff once in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts