Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what speed a 114-14 GT would be going at 7500 rpm in 3rd gear and 4th gear with a 28" tall tire with the following ratios on a 6r80 trans or point me to a good calculator if one exists?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks but that's only for a new edge with tremec transmission
I need the 6r80

·
Registered
70 Posts
try this one I played around with it and it seems pretty close Apexgarage speed calculator you need to know the gear rartio of the trans I believe they are 4.17,2.34,1.52,1.14,.89,.67 and then enter your rear gear you want to check under final drive-

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

3.31's seem like the best for na at your 7500 rpm level and 3.55 -3.73 for mildly fi- ie 140ish mph over 150 seems you want to go back to 3.15's or even lower numerically numbered ratio- big boy 8.50 turbo rides-

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
try this one I played around with it and it seems pretty close Apexgarage speed calculator you need to know the gear rartio of the trans I believe they are 4.17,2.34,1.52,1.14,.89,.67 and then enter your rear gear you want to check under final drive-

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

3.31's seem like the best for na at your 7500 rpm level and 3.55 -3.73 for mildly fi- ie 140ish mph over 150 seems you want to go back to 3.15's or even lower numerically numbered ratio- big boy 8.50 turbo rides-
Thanks I'll check it out. 331's are not working well for me. I stepped down from 373 to 331 and now I get out of my powerband in 3rd. It's a pretty big fall off. I've been hearing a 411 works well but only if your tuner can knock out the 1-2 shift well which only a few can which is why most have better luck with 331's. Track tested I was faster with 373's. So going to either a 390 or 411 which is why I want to see the speeds.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Somethings not right if you're falling out of your powerband with 3.31's. More gearing isn't going to help. Post up some timeslips for comparison. But you should be able to trap 125+ with 3.31's provided the car is making power and some decent D/A.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Somethings not right if you're falling out of your powerband with 3.31's. More gearing isn't going to help. Post up some timeslips for comparison. But you should be able to trap 125+ with 3.31's provided the car is making power and some decent D/A.
only 118 I believe it was. I hit third and the converter locks up pulling the rpm's down and thats when it takes a while to get back upto some high rpm. For example I have a buddy with an m6 car with just e85 and exhaust and I pull him all the way until 3rd gear then hes able to mph me from a car back and it goes either way by a fender or so. I'll see if I can find the slips. 60" was down from 1.6 to 1.7 going from 373 to 331 also no other changes besides addition of bmr upper and lower control arms which sure wouldnt hurt anything. And thats with a 5c converter...I have been told by a reputable vender on the boards the boss intake likes gearing even on the auto sometimes 331 isnt enough for every car.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Thanks but that's only for a new edge with tremec transmission
I need the 6r80
You do realize you can choose your 6r80 tranny in the drop down, choose your tire height, width, rear end gear ratio etc.....everything is choose-able.

·
Registered
70 Posts
mine and your set up are very similar- my tuner has my converter locking up mid way+ or - thru 2nd gear - my best mph so far is mid 118's will running high 11.40's with a best of 1.56 60 foo and 1.58-1.59 averages- this is in decent da 700 and down - with a 3720 # race weight- I had a different tuner that had it locking up in 3rd and it was a turd- not blaming it all on the lock up range but the other tuner was also a turd- there are a ton a na guys running 3.31's and this seems to be the hot set-up - I had my 26" tires on at the track the other day and I was trapping 7100 which was nice because I still have the factory 3.15's and only want to change rear gears once and am working towards going FI-

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

just seen the aed tune on your signature - they seem to be reputable what gear does he say?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He says the tune is fine he said if I want to change the lockup at wot let him know what mph. I'm running a 295/55/15 et Street radial I think it's a 27.8"? Anyway is I should have it lock up around 7000 in 2nd?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To me adding more gear is just a band aid for something else that's wrong. Like a tune issue.
Band-Aid for a heavy car. I have the glass roof and other premium options, I'll never have the 3500# weight of some.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Could a 3c be a better option?

Band-Aid for a heavy car. I have the glass roof and other premium options, I'll never have the 3500# weight of some.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I ran an 11.2 with my stock 3.15's in good D/A and was usually in the 11.4-11.5 range. And my car was a premium with little to no weight reduction.

You still haven't posted the time slips for comparison.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Could a 3c be a better option?
It's been mentioned maybe my converter is too loose? I dont see how a smaller stall would be better in any way. I have the 5c now.

---------- Post added at 11:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

You do realize you can choose your 6r80 tranny in the drop down, choose your tire height, width, rear end gear ratio etc.....everything is choose-able.
I didnt notice that looking on my phone, got it now thanks for pointing that out. Little confused, I put in my tire size (295/55/15) and it shows it as a 26.94 but on Mickey Thompsons website it says its a 27.8".

Mickey Thompson Performance Tires & Wheels

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mine and your set up are very similar- my tuner has my converter locking up mid way+ or - thru 2nd gear - my best mph so far is mid 118's will running high 11.40's with a best of 1.56 60 foo and 1.58-1.59 averages- this is in decent da 700 and down - with a 3720 # race weight- I had a different tuner that had it locking up in 3rd and it was a turd- not blaming it all on the lock up range but the other tuner was also a turd- there are a ton a na guys running 3.31's and this seems to be the hot set-up - I had my 26" tires on at the track the other day and I was trapping 7100 which was nice because I still have the factory 3.15's and only want to change rear gears once and am working towards going FI-

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

just seen the aed tune on your signature - they seem to be reputable what gear does he say?

I talked to Shaun about locking up my converter near top of 2nd instead of third and he said he will not tune a it to lockup in 2nd....then tells me it's been well over 90 days since any tune modifications...but I had not been able to make any changes and go to the track for testing then and says ill be charged accordingly....wtf is that?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Well that Sucks- not sure what others out there with 5c converters are locking up at maybe they can chime in and let you know- seems that he could make a simple adjustment or two and it shouldn't be that much trouble- did you ever send aed any datalogs in the "first 90 days" or was the tune sent to you and just installed and never anymore interaction after the initial download?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well that Sucks- not sure what others out there with 5c converters are locking up at maybe they can chime in and let you know- seems that he could make a simple adjustment or two and it shouldn't be that much trouble- did you ever send aed any datalogs in the "first 90 days" or was the tune sent to you and just installed and never anymore interaction after the initial download?
It was data logged. Didnt have the converter in tho. He said it wouldnt make a difference.

·
Registered
70 Posts
???? so they sent you a tune for the converter and the mod list or for the stock converter with all your other mods? what rpm is your 1-2 shift happening at now. you said you don't have a lot of track time with it- is it shifting early when it spins? most tuners don't always get 1-2 shift 100% right the first time- because if you get any wheel spin it throws it off.

·
Line lock *Engaged*
83 Posts
Let me get this straight, he sent you a initial tune for your stock converter and said sticking a 5C in there will require no modifications to the tune ? That is absolutely false, I can't believe shaun said that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts