Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
somebody educate me:

what are they, what do they do, how much, where to get them done,...

i been putting off doing stuff to my mustang cuz of lack of money, but now i have a job that pays even less so im just gonna use credit cards and regret it later.

thanks!

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
gears help you accelerate faster since they turn the tires more per rotation of driveshaft,
t-lok is fords version of positraction or their Limited slip differential, in the straights it locks the wheels so both apply equal power to the ground(instead of just one like you car does now), but in the curves it will transfer power to the out side wheel so you dont break stuff

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
dont use credit cards, idiot idea. just save and do it, then it'll be alot better cuz it's completely yours, and you're not makin payments on it. trust me when i was payin off my rims i was like dang this is annoying takin money outta every check. same thing ull be doin with ur cards.

just dont use credit cards wtf lol=[

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok... now that you've had a lesson on how to live your life... here's a lesson on cars...
A gear ratio is how many times the driveshaft turns per 1 full turn of the wheels. a 4.10 gear ratio means the driveshaft turns 4.10 times for each 1 wheel turn. and GreenFaleen already went over the t-lok.

Hope this all helped.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Banned
15,799 Posts
they are for sale just about anywhere that sells V6 parts. I recomend JEGS High Performance - Your source for Edelbrock MSD Holley Mr. Gasket Moroso.
expect $175 to $250 for the gears. also, it's not something i recomend doing by yourself, because you can get grinding. after you have a shop install them, expect a total of around $500 for the gears and install.
wow dude your prices are just sky high

gears on speed concept are cheaper
$500 for a gear and t-lok install is WAY OVERPRICED thats about DOUBLE the normal price

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
ok... now that you've had a lesson on how to live your life... here's a lesson on cars...
A gear ratio is how many times the driveshaft turns per 1 full turn of the wheels. a 4.10 gear ratio means the driveshaft turns 4.10 times for each 1 wheel turn. and GreenFaleen already went over the t-lok.

Hope this all helped.
ha yeah I always get it backwards, which turns more the wheel or the driveshaft lol

and yeah dude 600 will get you all the parts and installation

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks! great help, both car and financial

1 - 16 of 16 Posts