Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put in 410 gears and am stock under the car and spin'in at launch already,won't gears make more spin'in. I have been thinking about adding gears to the pile of mods I am amassing but the traction stuff would have to come first?

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Yeah, you will be spining even more, personally, I wouldn't go higher than 3.73's since I see you're already supercharged.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do I really need to do much to the front of the suspension? How does mods up there make it faster.. I want to go real fast and real straight..????

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Do I really need to do much to the front of the suspension? How does mods up there make it faster.. I want to go real fast and real straight..????
Different shocks with different rates allow the front of the car to lift easier, thus helping to transfer weight to the rear of the car, improving traction.

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
don't stop the gas right off the line and you will be fine with gears.

just learn how to launch right.

a basically stock GT shouldn't be breaking loose too much if you get your launch right.

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
don't stop the gas right off the line and you will be fine with gears.

just learn how to launch right.

a basically stock GT shouldn't be breaking loose too much if you get your launch right.

I'm with ****^

I launch mine around 2500-3000 rpm depending on the day and the surface I'm on. If it's a cool dry day and the car is running well, and I'm on a crappy surface, I launch around 2500, and roll on to the gas instead of just mashing it.

If it's a hot humid day and I'm on a good surface, I launch around 3000 rpm and just gas on it.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I'm with ****^

I launch mine around 2500-3000 rpm depending on the day and the surface I'm on. If it's a cool dry day and the car is running well, and I'm on a crappy surface, I launch around 2500, and roll on to the gas instead of just mashing it.

If it's a hot humid day and I'm on a good surface, I launch around 3000 rpm and just gas on it.

yeah... but you don't have a Kenne Bell 2.6 under the hood either :lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
go with the 3.73 or even better,3.55's.im s/c and regret going 4.10. goin back to 3.55's. plenty of power to get it rollin

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I know that. But the same principle of rolling on to the throttle and/or varying your launch points applies to any vehicle.

I know... but still I don't think he can launch @ 2500 on stockers... I myself have a hard time launching @ 2500 some times... I think I would have to launch @ 1500 if I was blown... street tires, especially 20's, and 400+ RWHP just don't go well together. :lol

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I know... but still I don't think he can launch @ 2500 on stockers... I myself have a hard time launching @ 2500 some times... I think I would have to launch @ 1500 if I was blown... street tires and 400+ RWHP just don't go well together. :lol
Again, I wasn't saying he had to use 2500. I said this is how I launch my car, using what I do as an example, and that you have to vary things.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Again, I wasn't saying he had to use 2500. I said this is how I launch my car, using what I do as an example, and that you have to vary things.

Ah... ok, now I understand, I though you where telling him to launch at those revs... been a long day for me...

·
Registered
743 Posts
I am definitely not an advice giver just a good reader but my first time at any track was last Sunday. I only made 2 runs but I was attempting to launch around 2500 and couldn't do a thing but spin...then when I finally got to 2nd gear sat an spun again. Figured I needed some practice. Both runs were against these " big boys " that were done and turning around by the time I hit 1/2 way...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts