Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i just got my gears put in and they guy told me i had to wait 500 miles before i can floor it does that sound right i got the bearings kit and everything

·
Stew
1,560 Posts
Nice man... as soon as the break in period is over, let us know how it feels!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
What gear size did you go with?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What gear size did you go with?
3.73 i have jlt cold air intake and a tuner right now looking at getting lower control arms than probably long tubes but i dont want to deal with that whole o2 sensor issue

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Have you noticed how much quicker the car needs to shifts and how it jerks your head when it does?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have you noticed how much quicker the car needs to shifts and how it jerks your head when it does?
i haven't really floored it because i have to break it in and all but i dident have to floor it at all to get to 100 it feels like im cruising its nice and my mpg doesn't seem like it got effected hardly

·
Registered
491 Posts
Any particular reason for new LCAs? Nvm, I saw your post in 2011V6Pride's Suspension thread, will add a post there.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Congrats on the gears, whenever you finally rip it, you will love it

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
i haven't really floored it because i have to break it in and all but i dident have to floor it at all to get to 100 it feels like im cruising its nice and my mpg doesn't seem like it got effected hardly
i was told to never go over 60mph for the 1st 200miles, then ease in for the of the 500miles....

·
The Aviator
6,305 Posts
Depends on what gear manufacturer you go with. With FRs, you should be fine if you take it easy after 100 miles.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Depends on what gear manufacturer you go with. With FRs, you should be fine if you take it easy after 100 miles.
motive gears makes FR gears....

the big name gears are

richmond (notorious for whine)
motive

imo, i'd only go with motive because of their track record! mostly postive reviews and most of the negative reviews are because people didn't get it installed right or rushed through warm up time! if you don't break it in, you WILL have gear troubles down the road!

SC got lucky and had a guy who really knew what he was doing! it's hard to come buy an installer who can guarantee perfect install with no break in period!

·
Registered
3,379 Posts

the big name gears are

motive

imo, i'd only go with motive because of their track record! mostly postive reviews and most of the negative reviews are because people didn't get it installed right or rushed through warm up time! if you don't break it in, you WILL have gear troubles down the road!

SC got lucky and had a guy who really knew what he was doing! it's hard to come buy an installer who can guarantee perfect install with no break in period!
They have started making them recently (i think). If the part number ends in an M then they were.

Motive do wine.

Motive < FFRP

·
&#9562;&#8857; &#8857;&#9565;
14,719 Posts

the big name gears are

motive

from what i have read on here (MM) motive's are not very good quality, kind of hit or miss.

and if the ford racing part number has an 'M' in it they are made by motive.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
My ford racing gears I do not know if they are motive or not have never given me a problem and I ripped on it the minute I started it up.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is it bad to rip it through or should i hold off i have the ford racing gears in with 110 miles on it so far

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
unless your installer gave you permission and was willing to put his ass on the line (insuring it won't break), then i wouldn't

·
Turbo'd Hot Hatch
807 Posts
Damn everyone's getting gears. LOL. Hopefully this summer I'll be able to do mine...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts