Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my 3.73 gears installed today. It made a big difference in the get up and go department. RPMM in San Diego did the install in 2 and a half hours and charged me 500 for the gears, install and oil.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got my 3.73 gears installed today. It made a big difference in the get up and go department. RPMM in San Diego did the install in 2 and a half hours and charged me 500 for the gears, install and oil.
When I ordered I ordered the 3.73's Stealer charged $395 (Stealers real price I think is $345 or something so there not making much on that option) - So that was a great price with labor and fluid.

Having a hard time not burning up the tires :yes

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
What made you settle on 373s rather than a set of 410s or 430s? Do you have a blower planned? Knowing how the new 4vs love to rev i probably wouldve gotten a set of 430s, thats just me though. Glad to hear your happy!

·
Registered
577 Posts
Swervo has been a busy guy lately. Enjoy the gears and tire roastings!

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What made you settle on 373s rather than a set of 410s or 430s? Do you have a blower planned? Knowing how the new 4vs love to rev i probably wouldve gotten a set of 430s, thats just me though. Glad to hear your happy!
Just Laying down a foundation for a blower in the future. 4.30s would have been too much even for an N/A car with the close ratio gears in these 5.0s.

·
Premium Member
11,663 Posts
Ordered mine with the 3.73s so I wouldn't have to change them. Just one less thing...

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not sure, because I dont really drive at 60mph more like 80 lol and that's around 2300-2400 rpm.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
lol well you think you could drop her down to 60 mph sometime and let me know what rpm your turning lmao.

Apparently about a dozen cars came through the dealership when I bought my stang that were labeled 3.55's and were actually 3.73's.

I am running around 1800rpm @ 60mph in 6th gear, maybe like 1850 or even 1900. But no more then that.

·
Registered
195 Posts
60mph w/ my 305/40's is right around 2k. I was another one that went 3.73 stock. It was the only option I HAD to have. If I decide to change it will be to a 4.30 and then I'll run a 28" tall tire and bring me back to about a 4.04 or something in that nature. It's late, I'm tired and can't think of the calculations to figure what the actual gear ratio is when you change from the stock tire size.

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Wow thanks FiK

I wonder if I can raise some sort of stink and get a little free work done lol.
I bought my car labeled as 3.55's
My wife worked at the dealership for a little while and told me they had a dozen gt's come through in the month I bought my mustang that were mislabeled, said they were 3.55's and had 3.73's in them instead.

it appears that my 5.0 was one of them.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I just drove 60 for you and I'm at 1900.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Thanks brother.
I must have 3.73's. Course I guess its not gonna matter I'm throwing 4.10's in it anyways.
Hoping to bust them 10's wide open here soon swervo.
Maybe the cai, manifold, and nx 100 shot with the 4.10's will get me there :d

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks brother.
I must have 3.73's. Course I guess its not gonna matter I'm throwing 4.10's in it anyways.
Hoping to bust them 10's wide open here soon swervo.
Maybe the cai, manifold, and nx 100 shot with the 4.10's will get me there :d
That'll be badass sir. Anywho, how's the wife and kid? Miss hanging out with my WOT family.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
There good brother. I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't had a chance to hang out with them either.

I went to the track with jeff and stacey and chris and the whole crew basically right before I deployed but when I was back I was so busy with the baby that I never could get out.

But hopefully now that she'll be a little older when I get back I can start doing events again and everything.

Would be nice to have you around though man. I got so many asian jokes and no asians around to tell em to :(

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
There good brother. I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't had a chance to hang out with them either.

I went to the track with jeff and stacey and chris and the whole crew basically right before I deployed but when I was back I was so busy with the baby that I never could get out.

But hopefully now that she'll be a little older when I get back I can start doing events again and everything.

Would be nice to have you around though man. I got so many asian jokes and no asians around to tell em to :(
You know Jeff is asian right?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts