Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
This Space For Rent
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, putting on the KB when I get home from Douchebagistan, and wanted to hear any advice on gears for the rear end. It's an Auto, but at any rate, I don't think that with 9psi boost 4.10's would be the best idea... perhaps 3.73's?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I would recommend 3.73s. With 4.10s you will never get traction. But I am sure other people will chime in with their opinions.

·
This Space For Rent
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Even for a DD?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Even for a DD?
Yes. People get the misconception that gears are so bad for a daily driven car and that they kill your fuel economy when in reality, they hardly do any harm. When I went 4.10's in my old car I only lost maybe 2-3 miles per gallon at the most. I shifted low and didn't drive the car like a race car, I drove it like a sane human being. It worked out just fine.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I DD my car with a centri blower with 498rwhp and 3.73s. 1st and 2nd are useless on street tires. A kenne bell will be even worse. So I think 4.10s would be a bad idea.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I DD my car with a centri blower with 498rwhp and 3.73s. 1st and 2nd are useless on street tires. A kenne bell will be even worse. So I think 4.10s would be a bad idea.
Agreed like I said 3.73's will be much better than 4.10's. Also if you're just going to be running street tires I would say you could go with 3.55's so it won't be as bad because like this guy right here, your first and second will most likely be worthless.

·
This Space For Rent
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I have to ask then, what happens when you decide to not drive like a sane human?

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Well I have to ask then, what happens when you decide to not drive like a sane human?
Just drive normal? Who does that? Haha just messing. I drive good most of the time and the car drives just fine. 3.73s are great for a DD. I get decent Mpg still and the car is street friendly still. Just when I want to have fun Is when I blow the tires off.

·
This Space For Rent
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the advice guys. Every time I get on this site though I miss my car. I considered stealing one of the locals bus-things, but I don't know if it would fill the void in my soul.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys. Every time I get on this site though I miss my car. I considered stealing one of the locals bus-things, but I don't know if it would fill the void in my soul.
Welcome. I know the feeling it sucks! Your going to have a blast driving your car when you get home though!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
There is a guy on modularfords with a kb [email protected] psi and he has 4.10s. he said he doesnt have traction issues. You just need to know how to drive your car. I personally dropped from 4.10s to 3.55s in mine in preparation. Id say 4.10s or 3.73s for you would be fine. 9 psi isnt too crazy. I personally would go 3.73 if i were in your position though.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
a good tire will do wonders. People run 4:10s with more power than what he will make.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
3.73s and even 3.55's if you get the power up enough.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts