1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Both, one is to rebuild the trac-loc and the other is the gear install kit itself. You're gonna need a different spring for the trac-loc because the carbon package is for cobras and the spring included is for 31 spline axles.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
+1 for 75w-140 no friction modifier required, just head to the local ford dealer and pick up 3 quarts of it. prepare your wallet as ud think it would be liquid gold for 20$ a quart lol

As for royal purple.......good stuff, but not needed, all preference i guess. Some dont even bother and just get whats on sale.

And prepare yourself for the worst smell youve ever encountered on an automobile hahahaha

·
Registered
754 Posts
+1 for 75w-140 no friction modifier required, just head to the local ford dealer and pick up 3 quarts of it. prepare your wallet as ud think it would be liquid gold for 20$ a quart lol

As for royal purple.......good stuff, but not needed, all preference i guess. Some dont even bother and just get whats on sale.

And prepare yourself for the worst smell youve ever encountered on an automobile hahahaha
Yes! What's with the smell part? Sometimes it seems like a nasty burning smell from my rear end when I get out of the car...what's with that freaks me out sometimes because I always think something's wrong with the car

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Yes! What's with the smell part? Sometimes it seems like a nasty burning smell from my rear end when I get out of the car...what's with that freaks me out sometimes because I always think something's wrong with the car
I was talking about the fluid itself being very pungent lol however it seems to me that you may have a problem on your hands. Check for leaks and any noises as well as possible jerking when decelerating. I dont have a vast knowledge of these rear-ends therefore i cannot diagnose, however it could be something relatively simple lol

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
red line shockproof heavy is the best gear oil on the planet.RP is good too though,i would buy red line if its available to you.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I was talking about the fluid itself being very pungent lol however it seems to me that you may have a problem on your hands. Check for leaks and any noises as well as possible jerking when decelerating. I dont have a vast knowledge of these rear-ends therefore i cannot diagnose, however it could be something relatively simple lol
Oh well I may have been a little over exaggerating but I have no problems just had my bearings replaced with a rebuild kit but did nothing at all to my t loc/differential like a dumbass ow well it was right when I bought the car so I was a super duper noob. Reason why the bearing blew was because the rear seal somewhere was spitting grease everywhere? Idk that's what my mechanic said

1 - 12 of 12 Posts