Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well ive decided to purchase some 4.10 gears i was just wondering whats a good brand i've looked on americanmuscle and seen that they have motive ford racing and richmond just seeing how everyone likes their brand they bought

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
frpp is what i and most will suggest. if you do go with them don't get the one's that the part number ends in "M". those are motive gears

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FORD RACING RING & PINION GEAR SET 8.8" AXLE
Part Number: M4209F308
Ford Racing Part Number: M-4209-F308
Ring & Pinion Gear Set for 8.8" Rear Axles.

Ring and pinion sets are probably the most popular modification for any Mustang owner. The lower the ratio (higher the number) the quicker your car will accelerate and you will feel the difference in the "seat of your pants".

Please Note:
All sets are genuine Ford Racing gears except Part Numbers RP09 and M4209G410.
The M4209G410 gearset is sold by Ford Racing but manufactured by Motive Gear.
The M4209G410A gears are genuine Ford Racing.
Either gearset will work but some people prefer one brand over the other. The common belief is that the Motive gears may be a little "louder" than the Ford Racing due to a harder compound and different machining process.

they are the same part number...???

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just installed the FRPP 4.10s this week. I love them so far! I did the traction lok rebuild kit as well. My drivetrain feels better than ever!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where did you get them from all the ones i'm finding have the m by them

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
where did you buy them from?

·
Registered
24 Posts
where did you get them from all the ones i'm finding have the m by them
I got both from american muscle. They only have one choice per model year - I got the 99-04 ones obviously. I think they're all the same though...

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got both from american muscle. They only have one choice per model year - I got the 99-04 ones obviously. I think they're all the same though...
Here's the item # for the ones I bought...24002G99

·
Registered
287 Posts
Have the ffrp not the motive, bought from Sutton HP 2years now. Since i have a Bullitt the install kit was almost as much as the gears. Great mod you will be happy.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
Have the ffrp not the motive, bought from Sutton HP 2years now. Since i have a Bullitt the install kit was almost as much as the gears. Great mod you will be happy.
not sure what being a bullit has anything to do with the price. both the bullit and GT have the same 8.8 rear end. now you may have gotten screwed and told it was more because of it.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
how many people have actually had problems with motive though?

i bought FRPP's motive gears. the only whine i noticed was the extra NVH when i put in my LCA's. otherwise, they made no noise.

·
Registered
789 Posts
The frpp gears sold on AM aren't the motive ones. The part number ends with an A not an M which would signify the ones made by motive.

·
Registered
254 Posts
whats the average price to install the gears? and do you need to get tuned after installed or anything along those lines

sorry i'm new to this modding stuff

·
Resident asshole
1,694 Posts
frpp is what i and most will suggest. if you do go with them don't get the one's that the part number ends in "M". those are motive gears
I Have motive gears and they are great. No whine. It's install that's key. And motive makes fords gears so i would assume they figure they are good enough for them

·
Registered
300 Posts
whats the average price to install the gears? and do you need to get tuned after installed or anything along those lines

sorry i'm new to this modding stuff
i got a quote for the install on mine at about $450, but my buddy knows a guy who did them for $350, and hes done a bunch on racing cars and etc. You have to tune the speedo. You can do it on a flash tuner or whatever.

dont forget that the whine can also be from the install, happened to my uncles truck. the guy who did them messed it up, and every time he brought it back, they never could fix it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what is rem polishing and lighten ring gear mean? thats an option on jpcracing.com i was just wondering if its worth the extra money they charge ? any help would be great

1 - 20 of 20 Posts