Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... Just got me some trickflow udp's now what next? Gears or plenum and tb? And if and when I do go with my tb what size? I'm kinda hoping I can reach my goal N/A ...think I can reach close to 400 with hitech's stage 2's, plenum and I don't know what size tb yet... And longtube headers and catless x pipe and super 40's diablo tuner and TFS udp's...and TFS heads lol

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
P&P the trickflow heads?I figured the TFS heads would be plenty...and as long as I'm with in a few hp of 400 I'm good....like... 380...385...that would prolly be 400 at the fly wheel...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You gotta be shitting me...ill wait and get some people with a lil more exp. And tech in here to tell me a round about hp I'd be making...mind you I'm a manual not an auto...and not that it really makes a whole lot of diff but I forgot the K&N CAI in my list up there

·
Registered
2,812 Posts

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
na most the time that i get on im always on my phone and it rather slow so ya... as long as i break 350 ill be happy 400 is just a goal
Well that guy has done all the homework for you. I believe with P&P'd TF's and cams he got 350+ or something like that. Waiting to see what he gets with the new cams.

·
Banned
491 Posts
unless you can find a steal on a TB/Plenum it really isnt worth it.

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
My hats off to them then. Adding 180 hp with just heads and cams can't be easy. Even more if we're talking rwhp. I also bet it wasn't that streetable. had to be some high compression, and expensive gas.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
im used to building chevys guys bare with me... my dad had a 454 big block in an ol 67 firebird running a 10.6 in a 1/4... now he has a jetboat with a 468 that would prolly pull some low 10's in a 1/4 if he threw it in a car (and i wish he would haha) that motor is pushing about 600-650 at the flywheel... then his camaro that he threw a 350 in when it was a sixer... well he has some motor building in order cause i spank him :)... but yea... im used to your old school ****...and no im not throwing a pushrod motor... if i wanted pushrods id have a 93-97 ss or z28...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
unless you can find a steal on a TB/Plenum it really isnt worth it.
maaaan thats a really bad subject... lol there was a damn good deal on ebay and i missed out lol like 125 for a used throttle body and plenum

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Guess ill just go for 350 since it seems to be more practical... Just looking to run 12's maybe high 11's...and will I need a bigger injectors? If so what else will I need to install injectors...I hear people say you need adjusted MAF sensors or something? I can't remember I'm just bout to go to bed its almost 1:30 a.m.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts