Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
depends on how many miles you have on your car if you need a rebuild kit or not! if you have more than 30,000 miles on your car.....get a T/LOK rebuild kit. its worth it. if not, then dont worry about it. and why 3.73? lot of interstate driving?? if no there......dont be afraid of some 4.10's. you wont regret it. you will need to either get a SpeedCal or a tuner to calibrate your mph for your car. and lastly.....get the FRPP gears!! Motive is ok, but i have heard many stories about whine from the Motives. just make sure you have a trusted mechanic to do your install. if you want to find out alot more about gears on your car.....use the search function and you will find PLENTY of threads in this forum explaining all aspects of what your looking for in gear ratios. and welcome to MM!!! :)

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
It is also advised that you get the bearing kit to go with the t-lok and gears.

Bearing kit's are suggested if your car has more than 30K miles. I can't wait to put my gears in, I've had to wait due to some complications, but very very soon.

:3gears

·
Registered
978 Posts
^he needs a t-lok first :lol
definitely get the t-lok with the gears, save time with the install (and money if youre not going to diy.
oh yeah, i was thinking of the bearing kit!! :D oops...but yeah you will def need a t-lok

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
You are going to need a master install kit regardless of how mant miles are on your car. There is no way to get the pinion bearing out without tearing it up. While your at it I would get the posi unit.
Also I would not go any lower than 4.10 gear on a n/a setup. Here are some graphs that show speed vs rpm for 4.10,456, with 26" tire.Through an auto.

·
Registered
355 Posts
get 3.73, t-lok, and install kit and go to trans shop.........done deal

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
i have to say...motives are great for me. they're quieter than my factory gears were. i went with 3.73 too becuase i'm building up to forced inductio. but just the 3.73s make a pretty noticeable difference...with a t-lok of course

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Well I really don't know if there is a difference or not. I'm almost positive it's all in the install, except in rare cases. But I had a whine at about 50 mph with the stock gears and now i don't have any.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts