Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im looking at buying some gears and i am just curious will any motive gear and t lok for the 7.5 work on a 2002 v6 stang?

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
As long as the Gear set and the t lok are both 7.5 inch diameter, yes.

Just make sure that you are ordering 7.5 gears and not 8.8.

·
Registered
184 Posts
^what RFM said
I ordered 4.10s and a locker for a 7.5 from AM and have been very satisfied, i have motive btw

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright sweet. im gonna be ordering some 3.73, t lok, bearing kit, and all the oil additive. i got a manual so i decided 3.73. Hey RFM 40th V6, how do you like the shorty headers? Ik people say to not go with them but since i already did my exhaust did they do anything for sound or power? and plus I heard with lts you lose low end torque which i don't want to.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Big difference in the butt dyno. Never been to the track, i just wanted more giddy up.
By far the mod that i felt the most.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Awesome, I can't wait to put mine in!

As for the Shortys. I noticed a little better tone and they are good if you're going to eventually go FI. I know that people say the stock manifolds flow well enough but if you look at the tubing size and design it's obvious that the headers flow better.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Been thinking bout some headers RFM, short tube as i cant go long tube in VA. DIY job or what?

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
It's fairly easy to do. Although you need time.

The best way to do it is get it up in the air or at least 2 feet off the ground in the front. Then let the engine cool off so you don't burn yourself. It's a tight spot sometimes and it can be time consuming.

The two issues that I ran into are removing the dipstick and getting it back in easily, and the EGR tube wasn't easy to get off and on the manifold.

The driver side has to come out the bottom and the passenger side needs to come out the top. The passenger side is the harder of the two but not nearly impossible. Make sure that you get new gaskets when you order as well.

This is not a 2 hour job it took me 2.5 with a friend helping me and if you're not well versed with cars it may take you up to 5 hours if you do it on the ground.

You also need to drop the mid pipe to do this, I would recommend removing it and setting it aside as it allows much more room to work.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok sweet to hear, I was just gonna get some shortys to get the chrome finish and they do flow a little better. sweet thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
make sure that once they're on the motor and installed, ready to crank her up... wipe 'em down and clean 'em up cause on initial start and running, anything on them will burn in.. I got mine a nastied up permanently.. .yay.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh i suppose, I heard that somewhere else, because the oil from your fingers and grease and stuff. That is why I always wipe my tips when im done washing my car and when they are cold.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts