Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted already in the gears MPG sticky but no one has answered yet. Im looking to buy gears real soon. People claim no real difference in MPGs but most of those people are 5spds (at least in the sticky). I heard an Auto saying their milage went way down on some other forum but i forget which one it was. Im just wondering if anyone here is running 410's or 373's on an auto GT and what that did to their MPGs if anything. and if its not too much trouble, about what are the RPMS for an auto around 65 (my highway speed).

*right now my car is bone stock, but in the spring, for perf., im adding CAI, TB & plenum, x pipe, catback, shorty headers and obviously a tuner

And i know that mustangs arent made for good gas milage, and that should be the last of my worries, but im paying for school and cant afford to only get around 14 MPG instead of 21 or 22 with as much driving as i do.

·
Registered
806 Posts
the driving style plays the biggest part in loss of mpg

you shouldnt lose anymore than 1-2 mpg if you don't romp on it everytime u move

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^ thanks. I usually dont floor it at all unless i have to merge on the highway and have a small merge area. i mean sure i floor it when parked so others can hear that american muscle every once in a while, but thats about it. lol I just want gears in case i ever need them.

·
Registered
806 Posts
gears are a great mod. i love my 4.10s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts