Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
The FRPP gears are the way to go but no offense to Americanmuscle.com because I love them and I have and will buy a lot more stuff from them. But you can get them way cheaper than that brand new from other vendors. I just got mine 2 weeks ago for $200 shipped.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
It is a really good improvement and it is worth the money. Have you priced installs in your area? If not call shops and see how much that will be because that can be about the same as the price of the gears themselves or more.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no I have not priced install yet but that was going to be my next question because I didn't k ow how much to expect to pay

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
638 Posts
they're worth every penny!!

a decent install price is $300-$500. Mine was $350

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
You should pm Jucostud. He got an awesome deal from a shop in Texas on the gears and install for a great price. I know Texas is a huge state but you two might be close enough that he could point you to a good place. On a gear install good is better than cheap but both is great.

I got mine for in for $250 from a HIGHLY recommended shop that did a great job. So depending on where you are in the country labor rates change a bit.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I think you're gonna need a speed cal.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Your speedometer and odometer get thrown off so you need to get that fixed. Some say you need a speedo gear but the guy I am using to tune my car says that my xcal3 will calibrate with his tune. I'll let you know if it does or doesn't work next week.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts