Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the guy over at modularpowerhouse told me $370 for a gear install+ $60 for the gear oil = $420 total.
I have already have the gears does that sound right to you.

·
MMs Ford Racing Nut Swinger
4,370 Posts
the guy over at modularpowerhouse told me $370 for a gear install+ $60 for the gear oil = $420 total.
I keep hearing how cheaply people get this done. But I would be happy if I could find some where in my area that would do it that cheap.. I say go for it!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
thats a decent competitive price. Anything over $500 is too much IMO

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
That sounds a bit high for me as well. I only paid the shop $230.00 that was including oil. Did you go to a performance shop or a rear end shop. I went to Ring and Pinion (they're well known have been around for ages). Shop around a bit.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I have AUTO 2001 Mustang GT! stock gears. I have a JLT CAI! I will be getting other modds. But I read that 4:10's are not good for twinscrew S/C's? why? I want a Kenne Bell S/C and I thought thoughs were Twinscrews?! I might get 3:73's or 3:90's. with a shift kit.

·
Registered
248 Posts
3-4 hours to do it correctly at $75 an hr sounds about right and to do them correctly, you have to install them check clearences and if not correct remove everything and reinstall everthing again, so I would think $400 for an install would be about right for a shop. I do my own with a $50 dial gauge and some marking compound and haven't had an issue , do some reasearch you can do your own with some common tools and a little research.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have AUTO 2001 Mustang GT! stock gears. I have a JLT CAI! I will be getting other modds. But I read that 4:10's are not good for twinscrew S/C's? why? I want a Kenne Bell S/C and I thought thoughs were Twinscrews?! I might get 3:73's or 3:90's. with a shift kit.
if your going with a kenne bell. I would put 3.73 gears in it if i was you. I thinking about a kenne bell too. you going for the 2.1l or 2.6l kenne bell?

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thanks dude. Umm idk honestly. I was thinking about the Saleen S/C but I keep hearing good things about KB and nothing bad. So I will prob. go with KB. I haven't researched them yet. I just got me GT 2 months ago and took the insurance off for the winter. I have no money either. I am just thinking ahead so I don't have to upgrade something more that I already upgraded. And most likey I will get the one that give me the most power!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
kb is way better than a saleen s/c please dont make that mistake

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ya thats what I was thinking!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
kb is way better than a saleen s/c please dont make that mistake
I've riden in an 06 s281 extreme.

That car is no joke, nor is it a mistake. Saleen Chargered

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I've riden in an 06 s281 extreme.

That car is no joke, nor is it a mistake. Saleen Chargered
thats an 06 s/c not the 99-04 for the same price u could a kb and make more power... saleen is all about the name... its only an eaton

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
thats an 06 s/c not the 99-04 for the same price u could a kb and make more power... saleen is all about the name... its only an eaton
HAHA :tomato

you have got to be kidding.

I've riden in an 04 cobra with a kb. They are both quick as hell. If you think saleen is all about the name, go take a test drive then come tell me the suspension and every other part is just the name.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
HAHA :tomato

you have got to be kidding.

I've riden in an 04 cobra with a kb. They are both quick as hell. If you think saleen is all about the name, go take a test drive then come tell me the suspension and every other part is just the name.
I am not saying that they dont have good parts... Im saying for less money you can get the same stuff or better bc the name saleen raises the price...
yo could take a regular gt and but suspensions and a kb on it and be better performing than a saleen for less money than a saleen...

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I am not saying that they dont have good parts... Im saying for less money you can get the same stuff or better bc the name saleen raises the price...
yo could take a regular gt and but suspensions and a kb on it and be better performing than a saleen for less money than a saleen...
If you put everything a saleen has done to it on a gt. You would spend way more than they did. Your not paying for the name man.

KB makes the best blower for the 2v. No doubts there. I'm saying that that car with the 3v is sick! I haven't found a 3v with a KB yet, if i do i bet its going to be fast.

Saleen has the looks and performance. thats what you pay for, not the name

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
If you go there at least get your oil before you go there and take it to them. You can get 3 bottles of Royal Purple gear oil from Americanmuscle.com for $30 shipped. Save $30 off the top right there. PM AMNick for a discount too.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts