Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the filters from ebay are crappy and all but i got my cold air intake a long time ago from american muscle, its a blue one, anyone know if K&N is still better or do they both have same flow rate?

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
not sure. they have the basic same composition (same materials, blueprinting it seems like). i would go with k&n conical filter replacement from an autoparts store just for the convenience factor.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i am just running the basic filter that came with my bomz racing intake off of ebay. With my mods i didnt feel like it would make a big difference to go by a $50 filter

·
Registered
8,852 Posts
i am just running the basic filter that came with my bomz racing intake off of ebay. With my mods i didnt feel like it would make a big difference to go by a $50 filter
+1 same here.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What about the spectre air filter? Also what about the stainless steel spectre?

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
does anyone know anything about the stainless steel filter from spectre though?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
you can see right through the mesh ones if its the one im thinking about
doesn't sound good for the engine :no

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
The blue filter and the k&n are almost exactly the same. the K&N may flow a very very very little bit better. Certainly not worth replacing the filter that you have. Just use a recharge kit on the one you've got and you're good to go.

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i wasnt talking about recharging it, just was wondering if that mesh one was somehow better but yeah, doesnt sound good if you can see through.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
yeah my friend has one that came on his cai that he bought for his soon to be turboed talon, and while we were working on installin a new o2 sensor, underneath you could litterally see right through it :lol
he said that he's about to get a k&n to put on it, he doesn't like that about it lol

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
cool i'll tell him :)
but he's rich, he has that talon that he's about to put a turbo on for a strip car, an evo 9, and a 02-03 eclipse that he's done a lot of stuff to :lol
and i'm still faster than it :lmao
but yeah, he's loaded i'll tell him about em though :)

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
their not that bad on price either, i'll prolly get one when i get my cai/tuner
i wish i didn't have to get em both at the same time :(

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
just the filter should be fine :dunno
they look to be the same size as the k &n

·
MM's Resident Ricer