Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know how to get the writing the dealership puts on the back of cars off. its driving me insane cause mine says cox on it and it looks terrible.

here is a pic of what im talking about

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
my friend went thru this once, i think he said something about dental floss, ill ask him tomorrow thu

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I've tried to scrape it off and get lots of soap and water and try and force it off and it didn't work. so idk

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
bucket of water a razor blade and a lot of patience

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
wd40 and a razor blade worked good...had a carmax stick onmy friends lancer and we used wd40 and it worked perfect, then just made sure we cleaned it up after they came off...

·
Registered
218 Posts
I work at a Ford dealership and have to remove these all the time. Just use a heat gun (or a hairdryer will work too), heat it up and it will just peel off very easily.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
lol you have cox on your car

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
cox on the rear of his car at that haha

·
Registered
546 Posts
plastic razor blades or they make these weird things that are specifically for that, don't know what they're called. DO NOT use actual razor blades. COX is better than missing paint

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
if your careful you wont scratch your paint with a real razor blade, most car washes use them to get rid of overspray and car paint, just keep it wet and go slow

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
plastic razor blades or they make these weird things that are specifically for that, don't know what they're called. DO NOT use actual razor blades. COX is better than missing paint
COX are not better than missing paint if your straight tho:p

i agree with the heat gun/blow dryer and razor trick to scrape it off

1 - 16 of 16 Posts