Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
'06 Mustang GT "Extreme"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2007 Mustang v6 and I was about to put $2100 of aftermarket stuff in it when it hit me, I really wanted a v8.

My question to you guys is, should I get and exhaust system, cai, and a tune on my v6 or should I upgrade to a Mustang GT v8 and then get the exhaust system and all that? I know it may be personal preference but I'm just looking for some good suggestions. And I would have to sell my v6 in order to get the v8, I don't have too much money but I have enough (after I sell the v6) to afford the GT and put some extras on it.

·
'06 Mustang GT "Extreme"
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sweet... another exhaust question better suited for the clubhouse
um it's not about exhaust, it's about whether I should upgrade to a GT or not...

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
There is a kid that goes to my school and has dual exhaust on his V6. It sounds like ****. I think modding a pre-2011 V6 is a waste of time and money if you are looking for speed. If you have the means to upgrade to a GT, just do it. You'll be much happier.

·
Registered
789 Posts
If you can afford the gt, extra insurance, higher gas prices, and then have money left over to mod it, by all means go ahead. Saying its as simple as selling your v6 and buying a gt is really kinda silly though.

·
Registered
889 Posts
for the most part, the price you spend on V6 mods for our cars vs V8 mods are pretty much the same without the results you are looking for. If you do have the money that 08redgt said, then just forget about the V6 and go for the V8. I will never sound like a V8 with a V6.. And I have been a proud V6 owner before (1997!) and my dad has a current 07 but he doesnt mod it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts