Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the money i just cant decide if i want headers or cams can anyone convince which one i should do first?

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
Do what I do and buy things in pieces...just cause you bought it doesn't mean it has to go on right then...if i see a kick ass deal that i can afford i'll usually try and get it.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
Well thats no fun lacey.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the money i just cant decide if i want headers or cams can anyone convince which one i should do first?
LT's will always be their. Cams will give you more power the LT's and hella easier to install. Don't think about it and just do it.

I already have 4.10's so I'm good on that end.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump....

I'm stoked to get mine in the mail. Can't wait.

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
I'm waiting on money to settle down then going for the Stage IIIs, heads and pro tune from BamaChips...wouldn't be a bad deal if this was what I wanted, though. I remember when the cams were $800 each!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
how hard are they to install?
Simple. Just follow directions, use proper tools and it should be easy. I'll give you a full report once the deed is done.

Side note. Nice sig lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the cams and love them. Depending on your idle, you will have a slight lope. You have all the tools (valve spring compressor and cam wedge)?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^ Yep. got them from a fellow forum member. When I'm done I'll have a timing wedge to sell for cheap :).

·
MM's Resident Ginger
2,991 Posts
I wish i could. I need to save up my money for now...trying to pay stuff off

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
Simple. Just follow directions, use proper tools and it should be easy. I'll give you a full report once the deed is done.

Side note. Nice sig lol.

+1, the Ford service manual tells you how to do the cam install in great detail, so it shouldn't be too hard. Here's the link to the Ford service manual cam install instructions. It covers the whole process that must be conducted to install NSR cams.

Ford Service Manuals - IN-VEHICLE REPAIR

Ford Service Manuals - IN-VEHICLE REPAIR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts