Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im ordering my s/c today or tomroow , was wondering if there was anyting i have to do before i put it on . i have a 06 gt w intake , mac axle back , ud pulleys , 4.10s. im gettin the vortech v3 one that they have for 3800. so is it as simple as just installing it or is there anything i need to do in advance?

also about a motnh ago my engline light came on n it was my camshaft position sensore ,, replaced it n in a few weeks my light came on n it was the same thing , but it went off n hasnt been back on , i heard it cool be my cams being bad ? any ideas?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
im ordering my s/c today or tomroow , was wondering if there was anyting i have to do before i put it on . i have a 06 gt w intake , mac axle back , ud pulleys , 4.10s. im gettin the vortech v3 one that they have for 3800. so is it as simple as just installing it or is there anything i need to do in advance?

also about a motnh ago my engline light came on n it was my camshaft position sensore ,, replaced it n in a few weeks my light came on n it was the same thing , but it went off n hasnt been back on , i heard it cool be my cams being bad ? any ideas?
After you get the engine dialed in give me a call and i will help you get the suspension on your car ready for the extra power. We have the parts to handle anything you can throw at it. Give me a call and i can set you up with
anything that you might need.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya its the upgradable one , n ya while im at it i should get the delete plates . a couple of my friends w cobras n s/c gts said i should get 3.73s instead of my 4.10s does that sound like a good idea,, i like to get alot of second opinions lol. and so no ones had that problem w there camshaft position sensor??

anyone ever see or heard anything about this supercharger on my car ? just dont wanna blow like 4500 after install , for something thats not worth it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"if you're going centri, you need 4:10s "

whys that? and are centri blowers good?

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
centris blowers are fine...they build boost with rpm, so with shorter gears, you get into boost more quickly

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
do centri blowers , or the blower i chose make that whine noise?

·
Hip Hop Artist
6,524 Posts
the only thing i like about centri's are the novi2200's Self lubricating system... if i had that system installed in me.. i would save so much money from all these lotions and vaseline..

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well im kidna losing interest w this s/c after reading what ppl say , i got a total of 6g to spend so what would be the best way to go w performance

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
by no means is the vortech a bad blower, its just a centri and it really depends what you want. Centris typically make more top end power, but roots or twinscrews make better low end and have a bigger kick-in-the-pants feel from the get go. Really depends on your preference and what you want your car to feel like or what you plan to use it for.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
dude if you got 6 g's and want the whine and instant power...go twin screw or tvs, you will be very happy

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what would be the most affordable twin screw or tvs ?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i think saleen is the most affordable twinscrew and the E-force and Roush are about the same. I think the roush may be a bit more expensive, but I think it looks better then the E-force.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts