Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... ready to buy an Xcal 2 off someone.

What all does a used, unmarried tuner come with... memory wise?
Does it still have the stock tune embedded?

Is it 100% safe to buy and use?

Can i performe basic things like, recal my speedo by telling it my rim/tire size and gear ratio myself, w/o buying a tune from somewhere?

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
It depends what performance tunes were in it, and if they apply specifically to your car, which is unlikely. Chances are the car it came from does not have the exact same mods you have, even if it's the same car with the same PCM.

It won't have a stock tune in it. When the tuner becomes 'unmarried', that means the tuner put the stock tune back in to the original owners car. When you get tunes for it, the first thing you will do with it is put your stock tune in it, which 'marries' the tuner to your car.

If you're buying the tuner, I wouldn't mess around with anything on it until you get your own custom tunes from a reputable tuner who has your car's specific information and mod info.

Your best bet is to call someone like Brenspeed or Bamachips and ask them.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends what performance tunes were in it, and if they apply specifically to your car, which is unlikely. Chances are the car it came from does not have the exact same mods you have.

It won't have a stock tune in it. When the tuner becomes 'unmarried', that means the tuner put the stock tune back in to the original owners car. When you get tunes for it, the first thing you will do with it is put your stock tune in it, which 'marries' the tuner to your car.

If you're buying the tuner, I wouldn't mess around with anything on it until you get your own custom tunes from a reputable tuner who has your car's specific information and mod info.

Your best bet is to call someone like Brenspeed or Bamachips and ask them.
o ok.. thx.

Yeah, the shop where i work sct tunes so that'll work out good.

I dont know **** about tuners yet... i start my training/learning about tunes in 2 months lol. All i do at the shop now is pick **** up and clean. In 2 weeks tho, I'll be helping the mechanics work on the Termi's!!!

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
Yep as long as the tuner is in working order, and is unmarried to the car it was last used for, all you need is a good tuner/tunes. :)

Working on the Termi's will be kickass man. Bring your camera! :yes

·
Registered
6,038 Posts
o ok.. thx.

Yeah, the shop where i work sct tunes so that'll work out good.

I dont know **** about tuners yet... i start my training/learning about tunes in 2 months lol. All i do at the shop now is pick **** up and clean. In 2 weeks tho, I'll be helping the mechanics work on the Termi's!!!
youre one lucky son of a bitch... I wish i could get that kind of oppurtunity you got.

and +1 on bringing the camera

1 - 5 of 5 Posts