Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently have a 2006 6 cylinder with a BKK cold air intake and Tuner. (Bama custom tunes)
This Saturday I am going to get a GT, 05 - 09 not sure what year exactly yet.
What is a good cold air intake for the GT's? I plan on getting it off american muscles website. Also, with my tuner can I just call bama and they will give me new tunes for a whole new car? (Obviously I have to turn the other one to stock).

·
Registered
789 Posts
Hello! Welcome to the v8, you're gonna love it man. Since you already have the tunes id suggest the c&l racer intake, jlt II, or steeda in takes. You'll see a pretty good gain with all three and I have the c&l and love it. Also this question is asked almost everyday, so type it in the search button and you'll get your answer alot faster :)

As for the tunes, yes you'll have to return your car now to stock and I don't see why bama wouldn't give you three new tunes for your sct tuner. Call them and find out or pm AMstanger or AMchrisrose they'll both be a great help for you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
789 Posts
Yupp that's the right one. The jlt that I'm NOT referring too has a smaller maf and doesn't require a new tune. The jlt II which I'm sure is this one, does because the maf is larger then the stock tune is calibrated for. I think this one is 110mm?
Someone correct me on that

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got off the phone with Bama, and they want me to pay 150$ to buy back into the free tunes for life program. thats ridiculous.

·
Tini Tini Bo Bini
9,029 Posts
Yupp that's the right one. The jlt that I'm NOT referring too has a smaller maf and doesn't require a new tune. The jlt II which I'm sure is this one, does because the maf is larger then the stock tune is calibrated for. I think this one is 110mm?
Someone correct me on that
youre thinking of the C&L street vs racer.

the JLT 1 intakes had a carbon fiber inlet tube i believe :dunno

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No they have had the free tunes for life for at least a year. Apparentely when switching cars you have to buy back into it. I have offered to give them my order number and credit card info to confirm it is me getting the tunes. $150 bucks or your 380.00 tuner and tunes are useless :)

·
Eat Springs, **** Valves
9,332 Posts
No they have had the free tunes for life for at least a year. Apparentely when switching cars you have to buy back into it. I have offered to give them my order number and credit card info to confirm it is me getting the tunes. Yet they are just money hungry and said no. $150 bucks or your 380.00 tuner and tunes are useless :)
Thats bullshit. Send a message to either AMStanger or AMChrisRose. They would probably be more willing to work with you than just some guy on the phone.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
874 Posts
Ouch....you should have started......with the V8.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ouch....you should have started......with the V8.
Yeah I know. 200 on intake, 380 on tuner, 90 on spacer, 200 on tinted windows, 1100 on clutch, 600 on tires. and now 150 to make my tuner work. Let this be a lesson on anyone buying a v6 looking for more power lol. its not worth it. save up for the real thing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Recently bought a new tuner...
there already pre-set tunes in there.
EXAMPLE: If you buy a JLT II CAI the "TUNE" is already in the SCT or Diablo tuner.

You can easily do this upgrade youeself .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts