Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently replaced my clutch and flywheel, along with the harmonic balancer within the past month.

I've noticed, what sounds like a cable, vibrating. Sounds like a rubber band or guitar string being strung (boing).

I'm not sure if the cable is starting to break or needs be tightened. Or if it's something completely different.

I notice it whenever I start the car, (sometimes) driving, and especially when I turn the car off.

The reason I'm thinking it's the cable is sometimes when I push the clutch in to shift, I get a weird RPM reading.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think more info is needed.....but, you did change to a new Throw out bearing right? And you did reinstall it correctly right? It sounds like your clutch cable is creating harmonics from something from the clutch/presure plate/flywheel parts, you may need to take everything apart again and recheck everything, look up tech tips and/or ask here for help on proper installation tips. You did also change the pilot bearing too, right?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found out that the metal noise I was hearing was a metal wire harness bracket which came loose (attaches to bellhousing) and it was chattering against my intake/bellhousing.

It would chatter as I shook the tires side to side..

This still doesn't explain my shifting issue.

I have a BBK adjustable cable and quadrant (cable is fully tightened already). I was able to shift fine when parked and the clutch is engaging.

I now have another quadrant, adjust. cable and firewall adjust. What I'm thinking is the cable has began to break (or has) and needs replacing but I don't really see what the firewall adjuster will do for me. Can anyone explain in detail it's purpose?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts