Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 99 v6 3.8 and need some power in the rear. Im looking at a ford racing 7.5 spline traction LOK limited slip diff. on americanmuscle.com. as what i hear the v6 requires the 7.5 28in tlok system and 4.10 (7.5) gears.... i can NOT find ford racing gears to match the tlok. if anyone knows where i can buy them on line id be very greatful. also are there any risk of using a diffrent brand from the T-lok. such as these Motive Performance Plus 4.10 Gears for 7.5in... Gears are the way to go for a v6 esp for one of your 1st mods, plus getting it tuned. any ideas guys ?

·
Registered
978 Posts
as long as your gears are installed correctly you shouldnt have to worry about the motives. i know a few people on here and some friends that have them and they get no whine at all if that is what your worried about. and your gonna love the 4.10's my friend!! :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im real excited, just got my CAI in and looking foward to this, my fathers a mech, he works with ford so he is doing the labor, it will be done correctly. What would be a good mod after the gears and tuner, i already got the CAI, exsost...?

·
Registered
978 Posts
maybe a tuner/ headers/ h or x (your preference depending on inspections for your state) Throttle body & plenum.......or you could just say screw it and BLOW that thing and call it a day!! thats what im saving up for now!! :)

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
I saw someone mention Motive making Ford Racing products (or possibly the other way around). Either way I haven't heard anything bad about Motive gears for sixxers nor have I seen 7.5" gears from Ford Racing (though I haven't looked too hard).

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I got a 99 v6 3.8 and need some power in the rear. Im looking at a ford racing 7.5 spline traction LOK limited slip diff. on americanmuscle.com. as what i hear the v6 requires the 7.5 28in tlok system and 4.10 (7.5) gears.... i can NOT find ford racing gears to match the tlok. if anyone knows where i can buy them on line id be very greatful. also are there any risk of using a diffrent brand from the T-lok. such as these Motive Performance Plus 4.10 Gears for 7.5in... Gears are the way to go for a v6 esp for one of your 1st mods, plus getting it tuned. any ideas guys ?
Stangmods.com has the whole kit ( t-lok, frpp gears, bearing and install kit) for around $500 i believe.

3.73 FRPP Gear Package 94-09 V6 7.5"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts