Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive never been to the track and honestly dont plan on it anytime soon but want to build my car just enough to be capable of getting below 13 seconds

i have full steeda exhuast with a upr o/r x that im about to install, zoom high performance racing clucth and besides that nohting except K&N air with silencer delete...my motor was also rebuilt 5 months ago

im guessing rigth now i could get like 13.8

i plan on getting 410s, eibach lowering springs, and steeda tri ax shifter

what else would i need to get under 13?

and ive heard cai isnt worth it and that a t/b doesnt make much of a difference for N/A gts

thanks...

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
the best way to get your time is by actually going to the track. theres too many things to take in consideration when a person mods their cars, (elevation, reaction times, driver) BUT some things that would help...juice, tuner/programmer, drag radials should help.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
reaction times have nothing to do with your overall ET. You can sit there for 30 ****ing seconds with the light green but your 1/4 mile time will not start till you do.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
oh....well excuse me mister bad boy racer, i meant your launches. if you suck at launching im sure it will hurt your overall et's.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
oh....well excuse me mister bad boy racer, i meant your launches. if you suck at launching im sure it will hurt your overall et's.
launching and reaction time are two different things. not trying to start a fight on that one...nor do i think white99stang was either...you could sit at that green light forever and still wont have anything to do with your time slip...reaction time is a big factor in winning the race though.

·
Self proclaimed A-hole
3,780 Posts
i wasn't trying to be a smart ass, but you don't know how many people talk about getting there reaction times down so they can run faster. I don't think that anyone unless running in a bracket class or a race event thats heads up racing should worry about reaction times. Its ok that you meant launches, cause thats true but you did say reaction times.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
i know man, im not picking a fight with a fellow mustang bro. but i def agree with the bracket racing and all that good stuff. i did mean launching tho, that was just my mistake. :D

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
some weight reduction and sticky tires....

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well is their any website that i can find where the closest track is to me

and whats like the worst possible time ill get as long as i hit all my gears???

im not too great at lauching but i hit all my shifts perfectly so i shouldnt be any worse then like 14.5 rite

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
how do you powershift....sry for the dumb question...i think i powershift all the time tho lol

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Looks lke you could use some nitrous. Sense you say you dont go to the track that much than with a tune and some nitrous youll be in a consistant 12sec car.

Power shifting is not letting up of the gas to shift.

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so to powershift you just floor it the whole time??? wont that reline me while shifting?

so if i get a diablo predator for like 350 and a 100 shot for like 500 ill have a 12 second car

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
if you can drive...

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
how much is a really baisic (but safe and effitive kit)

like with EVERYthing i need

i dont know anything bout it

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
how much is a really baisic (but safe and effitive kit)

like with EVERYthing i need

i dont know anything bout it
anywhere between $400-600 for just the kit, but with all the goodies to run it safely like a bottle heater, purge kit, wot sensor and window switch your looking at around $700-1000. still alot cheaper than a supercharger or turbo though.

Check out dynotunenitrous.com . they sell really affordable kits that are great quality. they even sell all the accerories

·
Banned
3,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
cant i get the basic kit for 400-600 and have the braging rigths of saying i have nitrous and then save for the other 400 for the accessories

alot of people talk sh** bout racing where i live but nobody takes it to the track (we just street race since theres like no houses or cops here)

if i have nitrous injection nobody will run their mouths and thats what i really want

i hate how everybody in this town says mustangs suck and crap like that

1 - 20 of 86 Posts