Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was having trouble getting traction a couple weeks ago so i got

mini spool
set of 28x10.5 MT ET Drags for $30 used. think they will fit?
QA1 coilover shock set up my dad had laying around. im gonna wait to put those on though

i also got an edelbrock upper and lower intake and a bbk 70mm tb and spacer all for $350

does anybody know what to do about the MAF. can i get one of the ones that are supposedly calibrated for my 24lb injectors or should i but like a cobra MAF and an sct tuner.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
$30 slicks are probably not going to do you much for traction, lol. What's the build date on them?

You have 24 lb injectors on the car now? What else is done to the car? If you still have stock heads, then 24's are too much injector for what you've got. The correct way to run different injector sizes is to tune it in the computer. If you want a cheap MAF, a lot of guys use the LMAF or a Slot MAf sensor and a homemade housing and then a tuner like a quarterhorse. With a tuner you can shorten the injector pulse to make those 24's work if your still running stock heads, but untuned you'll end up rich.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not sure of the build date the guy said the side walls were weak he was running them in a heavy car and told me theyd probably work for me. i figured if i got 10 to 20 passes out of them it was worth it or just worth it to see if they will fit for when i buy new ones. i have stock heads and the 24 lb injectors were already on it when i got it. ill have to look into the quarterhorse im not familiar with it at all. im new to fords ive always had chevys lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok so i got the intake and TB today. i was looking around for stuff on the car and i found it already has either a 70mm or a 75mm MAF sensor (it was a little bigger than the 70mm throttle body)
i forgot to post what all is dont to the car already i just assumed you all knew for some reason haha. current mods are
F303 cam
BBK cai
Bored .030
BBK shorty headers with flowmasters no cats
24lb injectors
70 or 75mm maf
and i put the TB on tonight

do you think its in my best interest to wait to swap intakes until i do the heads or will i notice a difference just with the intake manifold. and also does anyone know if 28x10.5 tires will fit.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
intake manifold should be a noticeable difference, but if you plan on swapping the heads any time soon, I would hold out.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im in a pickle lol. gt40 heads or quarterhorse tuner. im laid off right now so i have to spend wisely.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
I would hold off then. wait until everything evens out.

also mild heads>tuner

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ill keep that in mind thanks man

1 - 8 of 8 Posts