Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
should i stay with goodyear eagle f1 supercar tires or do you have a suggestion that could be better?

im staying with same stock size btw, 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 rear.

·
Registered
38 Posts
nitto 555s heard nothing but great things about them

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
I had the F1's on the front of my car for awhile. Not worth the money at all in my opinion. I'd go with a nice Toyo, Falken, or Nitto that is moderately priced.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
i have some toyo t1r, 295/35/18 got them dirt cheap, cant wate to put them on

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I have not run the Supercars, but don't seem to have a much better tread pattern than that of your average A/S tire. I would recommend the Michelin PS2 as I run them myself on Winter wheels and am a VERY avid fan of Chubby Checker, as we BOTH do the twist :yes

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
663 Posts
I personally never buy anything too insane for street tires. Cheapest possible.

If I was on a budget I would do the 555 / 555R combo.

If I wanted maximum street/strip performance I'd pick some cheap who-knows-what tires for the front and M/T DR.

If I didn't care about strip performance because I have track wheels then I'd just find whatever was on sale.

Maybe my approach to tires sucks. I just have a hard time dropping a ton of money to do 20mph in a school zone on the way to the mall or something. :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love my BFG KDW's. I've had them on three of my stangs and are way better than the Khumos sitting on the SVO now.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I haven't heard a lot of good things about the KDW, I would say the 555 and 555R combo like stated above. I am sure u don't drive in rain or snow so the drag radials should be good for u

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
I personally never buy anything too insane for street tires. Cheapest possible.

Maybe my approach to tires sucks.
It sucks. Eventually cheaping out on tires willl bite you in the ass.

I haven't heard a lot of good things about the KDW, I would say the 555 and 555R combo like stated above. I am sure u don't drive in rain or snow so the drag radials should be good for u
I've put two summers on my BFG KDW2's and I love them. They provide great traction both wet and dry. I would easily buy them again.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
just what I have heard from people.

·
Registered
18 Posts
should i stay with goodyear eagle f1 supercar tires or do you have a suggestion that could be better?

im staying with same stock size btw, 255/45/18 front and 285/40/18 rear.
F1s suck beyond belief. I love my KDWs for daily driving.

These are stock sizes by the way.

bj

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I have always been a fan of the kdws but heard with the new tread pattern they can be noisy?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts