Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My Mustang seems to be slowing down on me, I mean it has 174,300kms on it...she's getting up there. There's something funky going on with my transmission, maybe I need a better clutch and a new flywheel. Maybe it's just that my car is getting older, and everything in it is slacking off and getting old... :confused:

I plan on getting a supercharger next fall, for sure. But for now, I think I need to rebuild the car a bit. New cams, heads, you name it. And I think I also need to beef up the transmission. I guess I need to get a lot of things done to make it feel alive again. It's depressing. Someone cheer me up! hahaha :(

Keep building the GT?? OR Get myself a Termi and step it up a notch! :)

Reactions: ~C~

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Think I should just drop this GT project and move onto a Termi?? I've always wanted one, since it's literally my dream car.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You said make you feel better. :D

LOL, I've been back and forth on that decision for sooo long, and I think it's time I get myself a Cobra. I really really really want one...:eek:

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
would do a Mach for a lil cheap and put a blower on that too...
insurance will be less too

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^ +1 done forget our other 4V poweplant haha but id make the switch now go for a termi if thats what you want...just sell the gt and use what you get from it to make a good down payment unless your like me and pay your ride all in cash:pimp

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I am surpised Machs don't have better internals like the Cobras.

I like Termi's don't get me wrong BUT when a less'er Mustang(GT, Bullitt, Mach,5.0) beats one I think it cool b.c that guy put alot of time and money in to car to perform like it does and to beat the Terminator is impressive!

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
^ thats true its a good feeling when you kick a better stangs ass that should have beat yours if both were stock

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah man. I love then all though!

I am going to aim me attention to F-bobies,Ls2 vetter, and every Dodge lol fat pigs!(challenger/charger)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha well I'm gonna aim for a termi, but if a mach comes along at a good price, I'll be sure to jump on it. Although my GT is a bit old, I could still get a few thousand out of it, and save from here on out, and get a loan out next fall...that's my plan.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
fo sho man! Azure Blue Mach1 hot damn!

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
I just hate 2 things about the cobra. First parts are more expensive because it's a cobra, and 2 because it has an IRS.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I heard the 03-04 Cobra's go for $16-23, what about the Mach's?

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
LOL, I've been back and forth on that decision for sooo long, and I think it's time I get myself a Cobra. I really really really want one...:eek:
do it. i just did with the recent drop in price and couldnt be happier.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I felt the same way until I rebuilt my engine and changed the whole suspension out. Feels like a new car.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
I just hate 2 things about the cobra. First parts are more expensive because it's a cobra, and 2 because it has an IRS.
Well I mean you get a 4v with forged internals, 6 speed Tremec, and body kit with swade interior. IMO you get what you may for.

yes for the price of a Termi you can buy and build a GT/Fox body and run the **** out of one.

I have look at Cobra numbers with KB and **** and idk 580rwhp with 18 to 22 psi seems kinda low....doesnt Jive have a t-trim with 18psi and put down 638rwhp?

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
what parts aside from cams which is obvious?

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Let's be realistic though, at least 80% of us want a Mach or Cobra...am I right?! haha

1 - 20 of 124 Posts