Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I hope you thought about this......alot. How hard would it be to go back? Once you go black roof, well, you know the rest

·
Registered
292 Posts
I once owned a 68 Charger with a vinyl roof and installed it myself. So I have to say, I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that it can be removed without damage, if I were you I would prepare for a repaint if you don't like it. That said, from an old school muscle car look, I am a big big fan of vinyl tops. So if you went with a theme (maybe torq thrust D's), I think it could be an amazingly cool look, and it would definitely be different. If you are a fan of the look, I say go for it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I once owned a 68 Charger with a vinyl roof and installed it myself. So I have to say, I find it extraordinarily hard to believe that it can be removed without damage, if I were you I would prepare for a repaint if you don't like it. That said, from an old school muscle car look, I am a big big fan of vinyl tops. So if you went with a theme (maybe torq thrust D's), I think it could be an amazingly cool look, and it would definitely be different. If you are a fan of the look, I say go for it.
by vinyl i think he means the material most strips are made from
to OP take pics I was thinkin about painting my roof black just wondering how it would look

·
Premium Member
22,436 Posts
The OP is talking about a vinyl sticker.

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
I'm right there with you, but with my car with a push of the button I can make the top disappear :D.
nuh uh...you have to push it AND hold it down :eek: lol

To the OP. If he guarantees that he can remove it with no damage if you don't like it, then he won't mind putting that in writing...ya know...just in case :shiftyeyes

·
Back from the Dead
1,016 Posts
I think it will come out great... **** I forgot his name, but there was a guy on here that had a Barricade clone, and his doors were white via vinyl (they looked painted)

·
Doctor of Jurisprudence
2,945 Posts
I think it will come out great... **** I forgot his name, but there was a guy on here that had a Barricade clone, and his doors were white via vinyl (they looked painted)
That would be Mickey. Except no longer a Barricade clone, now "just" a SICK Saleen... :cool:

·
The Despised Vert
3,559 Posts
I say do it... there are some guys on here that can photoshop their ass off and give you an idea of what it will look like... but I am old and can't remember who they are...

and fellow vert owner... 1. latches 2. push and hold the button 3. smile

·
Registered
489 Posts
Don't do it. Too many ghetto mobiles around my area have spoiled this type of color scheme with their 26" wheels on Crown vics and more recent Chargers.

If you want your car mistaken for a ghetto mobile then be my guess.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.