Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to take a loan out from one of my investment accounts and for some reason i am not able to take out what was shown to be available. i was under the impression i would be able to take the full amount it showed at the time i looked at it. i was shorted 2k bucks, after the money i spent from my account i have to pay back, i only have a little over a grand left. i have a little set aside for it already, but not enough to make a big difference. now i am stuck between supporting mods for built motor, or build it and try to get the rest as i get the funds.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Build the engine first, and then build the power you want a little at time, as you get it. I have been piecing mine together over a 8 years.

I have never used credit to build my car for more than 60 days at a time. Sometimes if I know I have money coming, I get impatient and use a card, but pay it off as soon as I get the the cash. But even that's kind of silly because you never know what could come up during that 60 days.

I would hate to be paying interest on cars parts that are on a totaled car lol.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the goal was 650rwhp on 116, but now i will have to bring that down some. my biggest issues are the suspension to go with it all. i am having a tough time trying to plant what i have on slick as it is now. i can do the internals, but the hang up there is cams. i do not want to hassle with pulling stuff apart to do a set of cams in it after i build it. if i do all the supporting mods for a built motor, i wont be much faster than i am now.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Money has been an issue for me aswell. I just graduated college last May and have had to start paying my loans off. I started with my suspension 1st then I went to my rear, and I just finished the boltons. I now am saving so can also afford cams and a built motor. I would reccomend doing one area at a time like I did. I won't touch my internals until I have enough money to do everything that I want.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think i might be able to budget most everything, but not going to hold my breathe. i am tired of the car and just want to hurry and get it done.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hey guys learn from me I have had over 100 cars since I was 16, not one of them was built over night, do not use credit cards to supply your need for speed, take your time and save for every upgrade.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was kind of thinking about pushing the stock bottom end to see what i can get out it. i would go for 500rwhp or broke:dunno

·
Registered
753 Posts
i was kind of thinking about pushing the stock bottom end to see what i can get out it. i would go for 500rwhp or broke:dunno
maybe this will help,,the gov giving us 800.00 dollars somtime in may ..if your married 1600.00..I have valve spring compressor if u need to borrow it..

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, i have a compressor, me and doc just installed my 3.73's about a week ago. here are some stuff i bought not to long ago that i have for or just installed on the car.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
maybe this will help,,the gov giving us 800.00 dollars somtime in may ..if your married 1600.00..I have valve spring compressor if u need to borrow it..
its not that much, and it all depends on your income you might not get the full amount of 600 per adult.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I buy the parts as I need them. I have a list in the order and progression of the build.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Its been on the news for a few weeks now. Tax rebate to stir the economy. Didnt realize it was that much though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts