Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So according to the tracker, I should be getting the items I ordered tomorrow.

I would like to test it on one spot on my car before doing it on the rest of the car or any other car.

I am thinking of doing:

Wash (wheels/tires first)
Claybar
Wash
Two step

I won't be lazy this time so I will be using the RIGHT products and will be using the CORRECT methods (two bucket methods/grit guards/etc)

Now my question is, I'm gonna be using Griots Garage Random orbital with the pads (hydrotech:cyan and tangerine). I'll use Meguiars 105 for compound and 205 for polishing. I'm guessing Cyan should be used with 105 and Tangerine should be used with 205.

Exactly how much should I put on the pad? Usually I don't put a lot...i just make a circle on the pad....spread it on the spot I'm gonna be working on without turning the orbital one...turn it on to Level 1 and go over the spot....then turn it up to 6 and slowly go over it.

^Is this the right way? How many passes? I know for compound, I shouldn't go overboard since I could risk cutting away the clearcoat.

What about for polishing? Please let me know what you thin!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
prime the pad first. put enough on so you can get a nice light coverage over the face of the pad and a little along the sides. Dont cake it on.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...ow-prime-foam-pad-when-using-da-polisher.html that just do 2 pea size drops per section. clean the pad often as well. Spent product and removed clearcoat will clog up the pad as well making it a poor performer. Did you get a pad brush? if not you can use a towel to clean the face of the pad or an old toothbrush

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I dont see AllClean+ as being a very good bang for the buck. its brand new so not alot of use to know exactly how well it is. its double the price of Megs APC+ if your NOT a member of Detailersclub..if you are then its even more expensive compared to. 12bucks for Megs APC+ gallon will get you ALOT of cleaner mix it at 10:1 for dirty jobs like wheels engines and around 32:1 for cleaning interiors

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok got my stuff today..very excited.

I read the thread on how to apply the product on the foam pads...very nice.

My question is...when do you know you are done with the passes? I am not talking about the working time of the product and all that. I am asking when is enough?

If I am using the M105, is it going to look hazy when it's enough? Because you are "cutting" and the shine comes from polishing.

If you think it's enough and move on to m205...and then you still see some scratches/swirls, do you go back to m105?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts