Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys so my gf's car gets really good gas mileage usually...

But recently it is like really suckin on the milage like really bad so any thoughts?

·
Registered
546 Posts
These should help. Seafoam the car, check the tire pressure, change spark plugs(wires if necessary). See how mileage is after that and you can go from there. If still crappy I'd say new O2 sensors depending on how old the car.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats seafoam lol and its a 2007 ford focus with 30k on it sorry forgot to say that part lol

·
Registered
546 Posts
Seafoam is an additive that can be put in the pcv, crank, and gas to help clean and knock off sludge.(Found at all local auto parts store) Eh...I would say that you don't need to use the seafoam on the pcv and in the oil, because its such a new car, but it would be helpful to pour in the gas tank (just follow instructions).

Also, Don't know maintenance intervals on a focus but I would definitely recommend changing the fuel filter and air filter. I know on my year stangs you change the fuel filter every 30k. Find out the maintenance intervals and do all that is required. Other than that it would help to check air pressure on the tires and check to see the spark plugs are still good.

Since the car is so new I would bet on the filters and possibly on the fact she may be driving differently or in different conditions lately. Good luck and if what is said in this thread doesn't help put an update and we can go from there. ;)

·
Registered
73 Posts
lmaybe a leak in the gas tank not a big one but there can be the slightest link in it tho. so i would check that .....

·
Registered
73 Posts
my old ford taurus had a leak in the tank and i got horrible gas because as you know gas leaked out of it haha but wrecked it anyways

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
Ur kidding? Its a 07 with 30k miles. Bring it to the dealer. dont use seafoam.

·
Registered
73 Posts
no problem dude

·
eeeee!
7,204 Posts
Its probably her imagination.

Maybe she is doing more in town driving than usual. or driving harder than usual

How much worse is the gas mileage ?
are the tires properly inflated?
any unnecessary weight in the trunk?
she also can be getting crappy gas from a certain station/.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fixed it was the gas filter clogged pretty bad

·
Registered
546 Posts
glad to hear you got it fixed. Hope you didn't waste your time at the damn stealership for a 10 dollar filter.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol nope they wanted to fix it when she got her oil changed because 30k miles they were gonna do the 30k tuneup for 500$!!!! I laughed at him and called him retarded and so did my dad he used to work for ford so he helped me do it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
lol nope they wanted to fix it when she got her oil changed because 30k miles they were gonna do the 30k tuneup for 500$!!!! I laughed at him and called him retarded and so did my dad he used to work for ford so he helped me do it.
4cyl tune up for $500??!! find a new dealership/mechanic.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
she still has her warranty yeah I know thats what I said my dad said theyre F***IN stupid lol

She blonde and pretty they thought they could get her, almost untill my dad and I pulled up thank god lol

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
hit it with a hammer...twice...then a third time hard if it still happens...you have to teach it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts