1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was just reading this on s197. WWW.S197FORUM.COM

*Edit* Found this on another site.

Here's Jon's reply:

I am Jon Lund.... Not quite sure who you are nor do I care but you are woefully misinformed.... SCT has not threatened me with anything nor do I have any "lawers" spell check dude.. Lawyers...

This indeed is why I refuse to post or assoicate with forums because rumors get blown so far out of control.

I stoled nothing. The Cammed file was solely created derived off a GT 5.0 in Ohio and massaged to the point it could be sold. The Ford Racing Individual that created the "Boss Cammed Idle" has not even released it yet. He is good friend of mine and in fact was amazed the cammed idle was even figured out let alone sold.

The reason it was stopped being sold was Ford Racing ask me to not sell it as the Boss 302 was going to be released with there Trac Key and they were going to "Patent" the Technology. Even though the cammed idle is done differently than the Boss Trac Key, I choose to respect there request and get back to normal tuning and stop selling it.

SCT has a copy of the file as they swipped it off customer #3... Yeah I tracked the files... Chris Rose got the "Value File" From SCT and it would not stop stalling because when you copy files that don't show all the items not all items get copied.... Chris Rose called me and ask for help and shared the value file, its my file exactly, even down to the 6th decimal place in a few spots... amazing..... This was done on purpose for the "Toooning Shops" that use Value files instead of there own work. Guess it worked !!!!!!!!!

I have no attorneys nor need one..... But I suggest you find out the truth from the source before you type anymore on a forum.

The main reason no one else has figured out the "cammed" idle is they have not tried hard enough...

I hope all of you can now move on to some other topic and get a life...

Happy Lopey Idle !

Jon L

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
So Jon Lund is calling AM/Bama a "tooning" shop that's kind of funny.

I think there are a few tuners more than capable of tuning for the "ghost cam" but simply don't believe in it.

PS: I respect Jon Lund as a tuner and he's a great one. However when you make fun of someone not spelling something right than you better damn well check your own post...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I did find it funny that he called the guy out on "Lawers". There and their ...what's the difference....

·
Registered
274 Posts
So he's not providing the cam idle anymore? I guess that's kind of cool for those of us who already have it. I don't really understand how ford can "patent" a tune feature. I'm sure Lund realizes that if he refused to stop selling the tune, ford would make his life a little more difficult. Plus the cam tune probably hasn't provided him with many more clients then normal.

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
So he's not providing the cam idle anymore? I guess that's kind of cool for those of us who already have it. I don't really understand how ford can "patent" a tune feature. I'm sure Lund realizes that if he refused to stop selling the tune, ford would make his life a little more difficult. Plus the cam tune probably hasn't provided him with many more clients then normal.
They patent the intermittent wiper that they did not create. What makes you think they wouldnt patent this?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I know they can and will patent it. But that's the same as saying they're ford racing tune is a "patent" and nobody can create tunes anymore.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
makes sense to me. one of the selling points of the boss 302 is that track key, but if any joe schmoe can do the same thing with a GT then what's the point? ford's just tryin to make a buck and jon lund understands that and backed off. i mean, even though the tune and the track key are different animals, its the same concept and to be fair, ford did it first.

as for lethal... wtf is wrong with those people? i got it, their tuner is the best in the whole wide world. they need to get over themselves. so what if a tuner that they hired was the first to create a ghost cam tune (technically second since ford did it first)? big ****ing deal. being the first doesn't always equal being the best. and lethal's little wager that lund could "out-tune" all the competition... how the **** would you even go about judging that? i can understand a competition between tuners to make the most power, but drivability and reliability is subjective. i've heard tons of rumors about lethal fudging numbers so a "tune-off" wouldn't really do anything to convince me. as far as i'm concerned, lethal won't be getting any of my business. VMP is where its at. when was the last time anyone heard of justin getting into a bitchfest on a ****ing car forum?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Really its worse then a bitchfest. It's basically getting called out for using a stolen tune. Looks even worse for AM to hold their position through the entire thread and then for someone to say why they don't have the perimeters they are looking for... ouch.

Just from that snippet I can see where some of the bitterness comes from. I guess if you were making something only to have someone else come behind and change the top to claim as there own? I might be bitter too. Now I honestly wonder how much work these other guys did on the original tune they are now using as a seed file. How much they truly have dug into it or are they just good at changing perimeters on the top? Is the tuning company only as good as their seed file? Seems like it would be pretty neat to hear how the whole process works.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I don't see how him tuning in lope can take away from the boss. If the only reason you spent that much more money was for some cam lope your an idiot lol. And this can be done by any dyno tuner thats worth a crap.

I bought nsr cams for my 2010 and hated the lope, so my dyno guy tuned the car for me and tuned in more cam lope, car use to cam its ass off with nsr stage I cams lol.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I just had to comment on it..

makes sense to me. one of the selling points of the boss 302 is that track key, but if any joe schmoe can do the same thing with a GT then what's the point? ford's just tryin to make a buck and jon lund understands that and backed off. i mean, even though the tune and the track key are different animals, its the same concept and to be fair, ford did it first.

as for lethal... wtf is wrong with those people? i got it, their tuner is the best in the whole wide world. they need to get over themselves. so what if a tuner that they hired was the first to create a ghost cam tune (technically second since ford did it first)? big ****ing deal. being the first doesn't always equal being the best. and lethal's little wager that lund could "out-tune" all the competition... how the **** would you even go about judging that? i can understand a competition between tuners to make the most power, but drivability and reliability is subjective. i've heard tons of rumors about lethal fudging numbers so a "tune-off" wouldn't really do anything to convince me. as far as i'm concerned, lethal won't be getting any of my business. VMP is where its at. when was the last time anyone heard of justin getting into a bitchfest on a ****ing car forum?
I bet Justin is laughing his ass off at this... Or probably too busy to look at any of it... :lol

·
Registered
599 Posts
Well nothing against the guys at am cus I've got nothing but good things to say but this explains
Why they kept pushing the dates back on the tune every two weeks I called they said it be a few more weeks

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
I bought nsr cams for my 2010 and hated the lope, so my dyno guy tuned the car for me and tuned in more cam lope, car use to cam its ass off with nsr stage I cams lol.
you can't tune valve overlap into a SOHC engine. sounds like all your tuner did was adjust idle RPM. i've got stock cams in right now and can get a pretty choppy idle just by dropping my idle RPMs to about 500. not good for the engine though.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Well I'd like to know how it when from a like stock idle after I drove around nsr cams for 3 months to him tuning the car on the dyno after adding some spray in the mix and getting a car back that actually cam'd and shook me on the inside lol. Oh and the idle was no where near 500rpm lol. I think it was around 700-800, I would have questioned my car idling that low.
But if you think I'm bullshitting you ask swervo, I believe he's heard my 2010 cam a few times just at meets and stuff.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts