Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a ghost cam tune for our cars? If so how safe are these tunes? Iwant one and want to know more about em they sound awsome.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
its only for the 11 and up with the VCT.
if we want the cam sound, we gotta do it the old fasioned way.....get cams.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yep only for the new 2011+ stang because they have variable cam timing. At least when we do cams we get some power increase as well =D

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sorry man, but you need that TI-VCT in order to have that ghost came effect. No problem though, just do a coyote 5.0 swap

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Like everyone said, no it's not possible. It's not even that great anyways. Sure it sounds good but it's just a bandaid. There is a reason why there was only one guy doing them. Jon Lund is not going to be selling them anymore. FRPP asked him not to since the Boss Track Pack key will enable something like this and they plan to patent it. American Muscle got the tune from Jon Lund in the first place. So I'm sure FRPP is going to be asking everyone the same. I doubt they won't oblige.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
Like everyone said, no it's not possible. It's not even that great anyways. Sure it sounds good but it's just a bandaid. There is a reason why there was only one guy doing them. Jon Lund is not going to be selling them anymore. FRPP asked him not to since the Boss Track Pack key will enable something like this and they plan to patent it. American Muscle got the tune from Jon Lund in the first place. So I'm sure FRPP is going to be asking everyone the same. I doubt they won't oblige.
1+. The ghost cam idle is possible because the 5.0's are quad cam and the int and exh cams are independently variable of each other. This means that you can literally tune overlap into the cams. You can do the same thing with the old 4v modulars (those don't have any sort of VCT) by getting adj cam gears and mechanically dialing in some overlap. While our 3v's do have VCT, our int and exh lobes are on the same camshaft, so it's physically impossible to adjust valve overlap without swapping cams. so to sum it up, we can't do it because we're SOHC.

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Well said^^^

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Word guys i was curious looks like i have to do it the old fashioned way damn

·
Registered
874 Posts
^
Already did it, what are you waiting for?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Money

·
Registered
437 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Personally, i think you will be happier with doing it the "old fashioned way" More power, the sound and well you wont come across as a poser.

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOL, Been there many times and I need a higher stall converter and a 1 piece driveshaft and loop and some n2o and better springs and shocks set of skinnies up front and battery relocation with a shut off and a 6point.

I will also need another place to sleep....wife is planning on killing me soon.....:D

Get the cams that give power over sound and don't make the choice lightly, I like the sound of the lope and my cam does not have that. Try looking at the Detroit Rocker or the Hotrod both sound good but see what they will offer as far as how they will perform with future mods.

Good luck.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts