Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Possibly selling a set of ported heads. just seeing what kind of interest there is on them. Everything on these heads are brand new. Heads have been acid dipped and bead plasted, has 918 comp springs, 10 degree large single groove locks instead of 7 degree 3 groove stock ones, new retainers, seals & guides, valves are not stainless steel like everyone else uses, they are made from super alloy which are stronger and lighter, they are 1.90/1.50 valves, multi angle valve job, flow tested @ 269/166 cfm, and surfaced. may be forgetting something but thats all i can think of right now. $1700 obo, pm me if you would like to talk. Have well over that amount in these heads. Will take some off price for stock set of heads.

Numbers on the right are the final flow numbers.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
The Ports don't look the same size...

03cristian

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Each bowl looks to have a noticeably different shape as do the ports. The second picture looks to have a fairly decent sized scratch going from inside the bowl to the hole. The valves look like they could still use quite a bit of deshrouding to me. $1700 is pretty steep for what I'm seeing.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Ports don't look the same size...

03cristian
one head is closer to the camera.

Each bowl looks to have a noticeably different shape as do the ports. The second picture looks to have a fairly decent sized scratch going from inside the bowl to the hole. The valves look like they could still use quite a bit of deshrouding to me. $1700 is pretty steep for what I'm seeing.
im not sure how you are saying the bowls are noticeably different shapes, but to each his own. all intake ports match the gasket. i can see where you would think there is a scratch on the second pic, but there is not. more deshrouding? i guess these need more deshrouding as well huh? http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/SSM2010catrev1cylinderheads.pdf i sent these heads to tom to have them cleaned, surfaced and he did some work to the bowls for me as well as a valve job.

its funny why yall make a comment after i said they were pending sale (which they are spoken for/sold to a member on here). 1700 (actually sold them for less, this was just an asking price) is steep to you because you came in here to bash my heads (along with cristian) apparently from the comment i made about his exhaust ports and his gasket being upside down. clearly i was trying to help him, even mentioning a cam with no overlap to help with reversion since the exit of the port is to the max and his headers are going to be smaller than them, unless he plans to have 1.75" wide ID by 1.81" tall ID primaries to match the size of the hole. if you would actually read my OP about these heads, maybe you would have a change of mind. i posted what they flow, im not trying to hide anything about these heads. they flow pretty durn good considering what ssm heads flow with the same size valves.

just for the hell of it, pics are not that great but you get the gist of it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I honestly didn't even look if they were sold or not. Just looked at pictures and posted what I thought from the pictures. All things I would consider when purchasing heads. I will say the heads in the link did look more consistent but they didn't give the option to see a larger version of the pictures like you graciously gave us. I'm not saying the flow figures are lacking because they aren't. I'm just thinking that you might be able to get more out of these heads if those few things were addressed. Not trying to bash. I would do the same inspection on stock heads that I would on a pair of "perfect" heads.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
one head is closer to the camera.

im not sure how you are saying the bowls are noticeably different shapes, but to each his own. all intake ports match the gasket. i can see where you would think there is a scratch on the second pic, but there is not. more deshrouding? i guess these need more deshrouding as well huh? http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/pdf/SSM2010catrev1cylinderheads.pdf i sent these heads to tom to have them cleaned, surfaced and he did some work to the bowls for me as well as a valve job.

its funny why yall make a comment after i said they were pending sale (which they are spoken for/sold to a member on here). 1700 (actually sold them for less, this was just an asking price) is steep to you because you came in here to bash my heads (along with cristian) apparently from the comment i made about his exhaust ports and his gasket being upside down. clearly i was trying to help him, even mentioning a cam with no overlap to help with reversion since the exit of the port is to the max and his headers are going to be smaller than them, unless he plans to have 1.75" wide ID by 1.81" tall ID primaries to match the size of the hole. if you would actually read my OP about these heads, maybe you would have a change of mind. i posted what they flow, im not trying to hide anything about these heads. they flow pretty durn good considering what ssm heads flow with the same size valves.

just for the hell of it, pics are not that great but you get the gist of it.

Dude im not bashing
You said your honest opinion with the intention on trying to help me out
And I sincerely appreciate it

03cristian

·
Fee Fie Foe Fum
1,724 Posts
He wasnt bashing you.. The heads he posted earlier are mine.. its okay man..especially if you sold em already

1 - 12 of 12 Posts