Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to keep it very simple...

So there is this girl that has great personality, we really click, and she doesn't go to the bar every single night... She has a beautiful face, I'm talking stunning! But not to be shallow, but her body is pretty horrible. I'm talking morbidly obese. I'm not sure how to approach this. I'd be very unhappy if she stayed like this, but if she lost some weight, she'd be a 10. Not really sure how I should go about all of this. Should I say something about it? Every big girl says 'I want to lose weight' but we've all seen them go to the gym for a week then fall back into bad habits. I know this is just a minor issue, but I'm literally in the gym 5-7 days a week. Anyone have some advice?

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Give her a hat with a Twinkie attached to it in front of her face. But like 2 feet away at a 60 degree angle from the x axis. Watch her lift her arms all day.

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
When it comes to relationships, I tend to not be very shallow. I do pay attention to it cause it can bring up red flags.

Personally... I'd take an obese girl with a kickass personality that I could get along great with before I'd take a 10 that thought her **** didn't stink.

Plus as a side bonus.... fat chicks give the best head! This may just be a wacko theory of mine... but they know they don't have a hot, sexy body for you to thrust into so they go above and beyond to make sure you're satisfied in bed however they can.

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
This but evidently in reverse

But in all seriousness man, if its already bugging you chances are you are never going to see past it. But just realize it will only get worse over time. People don't tend to get skinnier with age.

·
SleeperStang
3,924 Posts
I will go with the non asshole reply. Give her a shot.
Its not really being an asshole. Im just being honest. If there is no physical attraction how long do you really think it will last? You shouldn't try to change someone so they meet what you think is girlfriend material.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Going to keep it very simple...

So there is this girl that has great personality, we really click, and she doesn't go to the bar every single night... She has a beautiful face, I'm talking stunning! But not to be shallow, but her body is pretty horrible. I'm talking morbidly obese. I'm not sure how to approach this. I'd be very unhappy if she stayed like this, but if she lost some weight, she'd be a 10. Not really sure how I should go about all of this. Should I say something about it? Every big girl says 'I want to lose weight' but we've all seen them go to the gym for a week then fall back into bad habits. I know this is just a minor issue, but I'm literally in the gym 5-7 days a week. Anyone have some advice?
It's not shallow to believe that physical attraction plays a role in the chemistry/happiness of a couple. Additionally, you have to think about the future. This may seem rather cold of me to say, but morbid obesity is really not healthy for people, and can lead to health issues down the road (these are different than most health issues in that they can likely be prevented by losing weight). Additionally, if being healthy/working out is a big part of your life, it's not insane to want it to be at least some part of your significant other's life.

The best thing to do would be to try to get her to work out and eat well. Even if you're not going to date her, if you care about her you'd still want her to be healthy, no?

I'd highly recommend that if you are able to get her to work out and eat well, do not have her do some sort of extreme diet. Too many people try to lose too much weight too fast by not eating/barely eating, something that is completely unsustainable, and end up gaining the weight they lost right back. Don't yo-yo.

·
Registered
103 Posts
You could offer to train her at the gym since you are there a lot. If you do not want to take her to your gym, Planet Fitness has a $20 Black Card membership that allows members free tanning, massage chairs, and guests to work out for free. Even if it doesn't work out at least this might make her change to a healthier lifestyle and who knows she might stick with it and the both of you might reconnect in a year or two if she loses weight.

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
If you can deal with the fact that she's fat, have at it. I'm overweight myself and I hate it but I've flat out told my wife that if she gets fat, we're getting a divorce. It's not being an asshole, it's liking what you like.

If it were me, I'd tell her that I'd date her if she lost weight. It wouldn't be the first fat girl I've told that to.

·
Administrator
33,198 Posts
you have a few options OP

1) drop her... but slowly, to make sure she doesn't go through the floor

2) date her, and buy her a treadmill for her birthday

3) date her, but only post pictures of her on facebook from the neck up

4) marry her, let her cook for you, and live forever in holy fatrimony

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
How big is this girl? Is she sloppy fat? There are a lot of thicker girls who are not sloppy. Tight stomachs, big boobs and butts, but not all cottage cheesed out. I wouldn't say anything to her. Ask her to go to the gym with you. Another question. Does this girl get you dick hard? If she does there is no point in this thread, any of your questions are focused on worrying about what others think.

·
7,918 Posts
If your not 100% attracted to her, its doomed from the start. I recently started seeing a girl again after a few years of not talking, and she is the same way- nice face, but too chubby for me. Now, I have been more attracted to larger girls, so I concluded that it must be a combo of personality/chubbiness. I wasn't attracted enough to have a fair relationship, so I ended it. If you have to question it, its no good.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
You need to fall for the woman, the ENTIRE woman. Not just her face, not just her body, not just her personality. You need to be attracted to all of her, not just 2/3 of her.

Do not go into a relationship expecting her to change. Go into a relationship expecting her to be the same. Don't fall in love with what you want her to be, because she will never live up to your expectations.

That said, if you find her attractive, ask her out. How heavy she is really doesn't matter in the long run as it will fluctuate over the years. Your body will change as well. If you think she's gorgeous, and has a great personality that you really enjoy, and you aren't turned off by her body, give it a shot. If you are turned off by her body, then make her a friend and leave it at that. It would cause you problems if you aren't fully attracted to her.

That isn't shallow, it isn't petty. It's attraction. I don't care how hot looking some woman is, if she's a snarky, rude ass bitch, I'm not interested no matter how many golf balls she can suck through a garden hose.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Here's my take. If you aren't physically attracted to her now, how is she going to look to you after a few kids and a few years? It may never lead to that, but why start a relationship if you aren't ready to go the distance?

When I married my wife, she was a 9 hot and about a 4 crazy. ( :shiftyeyes ) now that we've been together ten years, she's added a few pounds, but I still see her as that hot girlfriend. The fact that there's a bit more to love doesn't bother me. Heck, there's a bit more of me, too.

·
missippi roolz
9,244 Posts
This may be cold, but this thread is pretty god damned hilarious.

Dude, I would not ask her to go to the gym with you...just think that through and the proceeding scream fest. Yikes.

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
I always imagine that your the man in your .gif
I'm far from that guy. Although I may or may not be some thing I have done or would do. :shiftyeyes

If you saw my pics from my Disney trip in June, you'd see exactly what I mean.

·
waiting will fill
80 Posts
Why overthink it? If you like her date her. If it doesn't work for whatever reason break up. You might find yourself too happy to let her go. Or not. Only one way to find out.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts