Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whatever happened to glasspacks? Anyways, I have shorties and an O/R X pipe. I'm planning on removing the chambered mufflers and making my own mid muffler cat back exhaust. I plan on putting 2 on each side so it's not too loud.. Any opinions?
Does anybody have a set up like this on a 3v that can tell me how it sounds?

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds amazing in my opinion. I'm sure the Prochamber and m80 combo must sound amazing. PM me about the pipes, I might not need them but if I screw mine up I will lol.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I heard a set of the short cheery bombs on a 3V i liked it and you can beat the price. In my area 25 each for the 12 inc Mangflow are 35 each for glasspacks

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Glasspacks are for trucks. Going from a chambered muffler to a glasspack is a step in the wrong direction imo. For what it's worth I've had glasspacks before...cherry bombs...before I knew any better 20 years ago.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'm old school. I have taken out the cats, added glasspacks in the center and put 2 chamber mufflers in the back. Sounds fine to me. Nobody has ever told me it sounds hideous. I have gotten complemented many times.

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
i'm sure the chambered mufflers change the way it would sound with just glasspacks. to each his own.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Aren't most of the straight through mufflers "glass packed"; I'm pretty sure they are and that would include Borla, M80, Stingers, etc... Maybe I'm wrong though.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Your exactly right! They just dont call them glasspacks.
Yes he is and so sre u I have the stingers and thats all thay are but say ford racing on them. just go cheery bombs 60 bucks compaired to 650 for stinger. Ps olny reasion I have the stingrs is they were on the car when I got it.

·
2002 Mustang Gt
2,024 Posts
Magnapacks ftw!!!!! :D

... Sent from your car :shiftyeyes:

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
M80's are $44 a piece at AM.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
i got m80s and o/r pro chamber with the factory exhaust mani. she sounds amazing and i get compliments all the time. DO IT NOW

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Honestly I might just get the pypes mid muffler catback system on AM. Cuz I could easily weld in a glasspack but how would i replace the mufflers and use the stock hangers?

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
thats what i did. its pricier that way though.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know.. $430 just for a catback exhaust.. Even tho glasspacks are like $20-$30 a piece. It would be so much cheaper to do myself but I don't know what to do for the mufflers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts