Modded Mustang Forums banner

Glazes

9K views 140 replies 24 participants last post by  ModdedMach 
#1 ·
Hey guys we are always talking about waxes and sealants and polishes and pads.

What about Glazes? Products designed to maximize shine and depth and designed to be topped with a carnauba wax (usually) Some contain micro abrasives that help boost gloss as well.

Ive personally used blacklight and plan to mess around with it more to see if layered with a wax if it will create a stellar look or if it affects durability at all.

Im interested in getting Chemical guys EZ Cream, it seems to be pretty popular with the pros followed by a premium nuba.

#3 ·
Well we are all after that super wet nuba look, as long as a glaze doesnt affect the wax durability then i think its a great idea to help boost that wet look of the paint.

When i redo my wax test im gonna still do 4 sections but im gonna do half of each section with blacklight before hand, see if it makes a difference at all in beading/sheeting/durability.

If it doesnt affect durability ill use it on my mach 1 before i wax it.

#4 ·
I used blacklight before the AM car show this year to see what it could do. I applied it with my DA and a finishing pad. I have to say I was pretty impressed with the results. Definitely increased the gloss a lot and made my light swirls disappear. I topped it with Pete's 53 and was blown away with the finish. My sig is a picture taken by AM at the car show after a Griot's Speed Shine wipe.
Full Size:

#8 ·
Yea i used BL on my moms car that had never seen an LSP before, it darkened the paint substantially. Im going to do a test soon to see if BL affects wax durability, as long as it doesnt, itll be going on my mach 1 before the nuba

Hey mach just so you know chemical guys used you in there video :p heres a link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAMgw-D4Hh0 thought it was preety cool
I did know, lol. They contacted me to ask permission. They are also sending me another product to review.

My vid is also on their website :)

I think Papasmurf has ez cream he'd probably sell or trade you
I love blacklight
Wet mirror finish is great as well
I think im stickin with BL for now, its kind of their top Glaze i think. Im gonna do some testing with it.

#13 ·
Expound on that....i know Marc from Heavenly Detail uses EZCream on most of his cars before applying a really sick wax.

Whats the difference between them? Is blacklight more for color enhancement and EZC more for the wet glossy look?

#12 ·
What's this $400 Brazilian carnuaba I keep hearing about from major detailing sites ect. I forget the brand but its a paste and its $400 for a small amount, would their be any reason to spend that on a wax as a topper?
This or zimal atil glaze
http://www.autogeek.net/migliore-presidenziale-wax.html

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

#14 ·
I'm on the market for a glaze, should I go with EZ creme since I want more depth and gloss or should I go with blacklight? I have jetseal so I'm not worried about durability and protection but I don't want it to disappear in a couple of days.

#15 ·
EZ cream i think will offer the most wet gloss, i think BL is more of a darkener/color enhancer makes reds redder blacks darker. EZ cream i think makes your paint look really wet and is wax friendly so you can lock in the look with a good sealant or nuba.

Jetseal isnt as durable as BFWD and some others but its not bad. It should do well topped with a wax. I did my car in Jetseal and Pete's 53, my car looked like it was covered in oil, it was great lol, super wet. Jetseal has a pretty good reputation for looking really good for a sealant.

#16 ·
#18 ·
I use Blacklight and Wet Mirror Finish quite a bit on personal & customer cars - it's always turned out great. Also used 3m Finesse-it, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze, and Poorboys Black Hole/White Diamond with great results. I've been thinking about trying the EZ Creme when the truck gets polished, but haven't decided yet. I'm really thinking I'll just use the Blacklight since I know how it will turn out with the PC.

I don't have any of the GT or Lightning detailed up, but here's the Supercrew.

Two Bucket/Grit Guards
CG Fine Clay Bar
CG Glossworkz Shampoo
Blacklight Glaze
Jetseal 109
Pete's 53' Wax
Wet Mirror Finish
Hybrid V7

#19 ·
Nice bro that metal flake is poppin really nicely, thanks to the BL im guessing.

I have blacklight and i know it helps make colors richer and darker and boost gloss. I want to pick up EZcream since its not expensive and alot of the pros use it religiously.

My car is black and when i correct i get ALOT of depth and darkness, im hoping glazing before waxing will make it look super wet.

#24 ·
^ yes please, i have BL and want to try EZCream....im waiting for the difference as well.

Hell worse case senario PapaSmurf maybe we can swap a few ounces lol.

#25 ·
I use Poorboys Blackhole or White Diamond...

Love them and feel they are one of the better glazes out there

#28 ·
I'm depending your guys reviews... I have never used anything other than Zymol, and kind of wanted to get my feet wet with other products.

Mainly alternatives to Zymol HD Cleanse and Zymol Field Glaze.

Ive been wanting to try a sealant, but I'm worried that my handcrafted wont adhere to it.

I love this forum, Really broadening my horizons

#29 ·
Blackfire Wet Diamond is kick ass...I can sample you some out if you want to try it

#35 ·
UWW+ is the ****. No need to try any other QD/clay lube once you use it. Bird **** literally melts in the stuff. Love the way it leaves the paint super slick. Use it every time after I wash.

I have a 16 oz bottle of EZ creme glaze that I only used once. You can have it if you want.

#44 ·
Youre the MAN sir.

I think a cool function of a glaze is...one with microabrasives could help if you enduce any water spots if you prefer to wash your car after polishing and before waxing...

Im looking forward to doing some testing with EZCreme

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.