Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have bought a 04 Cobra tank with the larger diameter fuel feed line and the large valve hole welded shut. I am wanting to know if anyone else has deleted the large valve, and if so what else have you deleted? I also got a 1979-99 Ford Mustang Fuel Tank Vapor Valve and grommet for the little hole on top of the tank.

Since I am return I want to get rid of all the parts I do not need which to me look like all the plumbing on the tank except the vapor valve. is this correct?

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Deleted mine, copper RTV'd an aluminum circle on top the hole. I kept the smaller vapor valve and evap lines (capped the line that ran to large valve). Hasn't thrown any codes and has been doing fine for a few hundred miles. I do sometimes get a gas smell on hard braking though, kinda has me worried...

Question does your tank have a barb next to the filler neck hole? My sump tank did, not knowing what to do with it, I ran a hose and T'd it into the the vent hose that runs up by the gas cap.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not really sure if it has a barb yet or not this is what I bought, and they are welding the large valve hole closed for me per my request!

On your gas smell I wonder if your gasket on the top of the tank is leaking?

Glenn's Performance

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Not really sure if it has a barb yet or not this is what I bought, and they are welding the large valve hole closed for me per my request!

On your gas smell I wonder if your gasket on the top of the tank is leaking?

Glenn's Performance
Should've had them do that to mine, if only I would've known the valve would be disintegrated trying to remove it. I'm not sure if it's leaking or what, can't smell any fumes when I'm down by the tank.

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They are welding mine up,

So you kept the small evap valve and have it running to the EVAP caister? I thought I could delete all the lines execpt the one that goes from the evap valve to the canister then capp of or remove the rest of them. The tank should vent through the evap canister.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

By the way REPS for chiming in!!

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
They are welding mine up,

So you kept the small evap valve and have it running to the EVAP caister? I thought I could delete all the lines execpt the one that goes from the evap valve to the canister then capp of or remove the rest of them. The tank should vent through the evap canister.

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 PM ----------

By the way REPS for chiming in!!
Thanks, and yeah I kept everything like stock except plugging the line which originally tied into the big valve. I pretty much winged it, not knowing if it was going to throw codes or not. I did research and there's very little on this subject. I did find one thing, that if it starts throwing codes or you delete the entire evap system, to get the car running 100% normal without throwing codes you have to upload a special set of parameters in your tune through SCT livelink.

Here's the link with a better explanation.
EVAP Removal: How to properly disable in the tune! IMPORTANT!

·
13,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you on a return style setup?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts