Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made this boring video for a couple of reason. Mostly because I got a new gopro and just wanted to try it out. The other reason is because some of the old guys on the vintage mustang forums are still stuck in the old days, saying combos like mine aren't streetable, and they'll be lazy on low end power. Does it look weak on low end power to you? All video was recorded in Mexico.

Here's a rundown. The beginning is obvious. It start in first, and roll into it slowly, giving it maybe 3/4 throttle and feather it a lot.

At 34 seconds, I'm at about a 25-40 roll in 3rd gear, which is my 1:1 gear....the highest gear I have.

At 50 seconds it's about a 5 roll, with lots of throttle feathering.

At 1:10 I start slow and go through all 3 gears without moving much...lol. I've hit them ll and let off by 1:15

1:37 is about a 60 roll in third.

2:05 is the same.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and wih the crappy tires that are on that thing, it never really quits spinning them, so it never really goes.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And here is the last one. I know they're boring, but I'm just testing out my camera.

For all the carburetor haters that say they're hard to start, check it out. It fires right up every time. At the very beginning, I put it on the transbrake just to show how loose the converter is (it goes to 5000), yet you can see how well it drives, and never has to get even close to its stall speed to be driven (contrary to what some believe).

·
Administrator
83,767 Posts
What can I tell you Craig. If your car didn't sound like such utter ****, and wasn't so gob-smackingly slow, maybe people wouldn't have these misconceptions.

:shiftyeyes

The internet is full of smart people. Growing up on carbureted cars... they were no harder to start than a fuel injected car... unless there was something wrong. Just like if there is something wrong with a fuel injected car, it can be hard to start... and ditto for the stall myths. My 383 Cuda, while not nearly as wild as this, was pretty decent. Ran a 3000 rpm stall converter in it, and it drove perfectly fine in all conditions. Ditto for the 750 double pumper sitting on top of the single plane intake. Started up perfectly every time... I don't know where these rumors, myths, and untruths start on the internet, but it really is amazing the **** people will both write and believe.

·