Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might as well put up a thread on my Ranger here. I'm bored, its a Tuesday, and i don't have a stock ranger per say, so why not have myself a little thread on a little truck? :headscratcher: Plus I want some other people rather than 16 year olds with a ranger, and bad advice to tell me what I should do with it. (Not talking about any ranger forums at all. :shiftyeyes)

Anyway, stereotypical build thread intro now

Ferd
Ranger
Blue
V6
Auto :gay
4x4

As we all know I may or may not have had a run in with a 4 legged antlered creature from hell with my mustang, but we'll save that story for another day. I had to find another set of wheels to replace my horse with a broken leg, neck, face, ect. So I had plan to swap a 7.3 into a full size bronco. Well the one we went to look at was a bucket of **** covered in bondo and orphan tears, so we passed on it. Anyway, on the way home, I finally broke and decided i needed a reliable DD to get back and forth in, and I wanted it to be paid off. I had seen this little beauty at a dealer's lot while driving in. I told dad we were going to drive in and check it out.

It was priced reasonably. Well, ish. Lets say I spent a little more than I wanted, oh well, it's still paid off and i'm happy with my buy. Some time went on, the tires it had, although new, sucked and the rims were less than impressive. I said **** it, and bought a set of black rock steel rims, and a set of 32" coopers with less than 5k on them from a buddy that got them new.

Aww Yiss, muhfuggn proper sized tires. :naughty:

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I then had an epiphany. I want this to be a what could have been "lariat edition," so here I am with my dick in my hand planning what to do. I look a few things up that people do to these things. and I see a simple mod. The overhead console mod. Seems top of the line, has a compass, so you know, when I get lost on my way to seal yo gurl, and can tell me how hot it is outside when I want to get out and picnic with your girl.

Step one, cut a hole in the headliner

Step two, realize this is a terrible idea.

Step three, cut up your wiring loom, cry, and splice into strategically picked wires.

Step four, install, and realize you forgot the damn temp sensor... :whackylol:

Fifth and final step, Install sensor an lol at temperature.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

Somewhere along the line I put in these "FORD" puddle lights. Best $20 bucks i've spent. Always makes people go WTF at gas stations, parking lots, yo gurl's house, ect.

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

I also decided, "I hate chrome" lets get rid of it, so plastidip became a friend. This is temporary until i find a proper front bumper to replace my 02 bumper with a messed up valence.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Aint she a vision? Somewhere in between my OHC install and puddle light install we got dad's BII finished and rolling around. But that's another story as well...

---------- Post added at 06:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

Sometime in June I decided that the cloth bench seat wasn't cutting it, and I HATE cloth seats, so out with the old.

In with the new. Leather seats from an 01 explorer and a full length center console. I ran with manual buckets for a few months, but the driver seat sat too far up, and I decided it needed a power captains chair. (sorry I can't find the pictures of the power seat install)

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

One day I got a little carried away with a touchup brush and made my emblems pretty. Yes, I'm a man and said, "pretty." What you gonna do? Piimb? Don't tempt me with a good time :naughty:

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

During one trip to the local boneyard, I found a desirable 4x4 white faced gauge cluster from an explorer sport. I got it, and tried to sell it for a profit. NOOOOPE, I can't get that lucky. So, I said **** it, rebuilt the thing, and matched the miles from it, to the miles on my truck, installed it and liked it.

Final product.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:09 PM ----------

The most recent mod and update to date would be the replacement of the shitty tore arm rest, and the addition of 06+ turn signals.

As you can clearly tell I have been taking photography classes and using nothing but the best lenses and cameras possible... Not... Also, I hit a bird and screwed my plastidip on the front bumper, so I pulled it off and will be re-doing it this weekend.
This trucks animal total to this point is
5 birds
2 rabbits
1 ground squirrel
and a skunk.

Deer God this isn't a call for something else...

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you suffer from automotive A.D.D.? Looks like you can't leave things alone...I wish I was more like that!
you could say that! :lol No, i'm just somewhat of a halfassed picky person. I see something I like, or don't like i'll make myself like it, or do something to completely remove the problem...

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
I like what you've done, but why don't you just paint the bumper? My friend and I painted his xterra's bumper and it looked good. I hate chrome as well.

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like what you've done, but why don't you just paint the bumper? My friend and I painted his xterra's bumper and it looked good. I hate chrome as well.
saving my pennies... :naughty:

plus i want this front bumper. Ill paint the white on it blue to match my truck.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I love it, hey if you ever wanna get rid of it im looking for a DD and have a pretty good home for it... lol. but seriously i love all the things you have done. The seats especially!! absolutly perfect, I would just bed liner your bumpers, I love that look, and fenders and rocker panels too. but that bumper looks good too. and bed if it isnt already. I love a freshly bedlinered bed lol. i think it looks super clean even if it never gets used. man i have a long mod list if i ever had one of these rangers lol

·
Cruising the backroads
5,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
For those who have been paying attention...

I may or may not have made a terrible decision.

I did get it wired in the other day, and I only have one minor issue.

Also, a few poser shots, please excuse its filthyness...

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Trucks coming along nicely! Kind of wish I had a newer Ranger with the SOHC and 4.10's. My truck needs some 4.56's and a locker in the rear, but no way in hell I'm going to drop 2k into a 98 Ranger to regear and lock the rear end lol.

You should do a catback exhaust if you haven't, or I guess a header back exhaust if you don't have emissions and can lose the cats. I put a CB exhaust on mine, 2.5 inch inch, Flowmaster Super 44, and a 3.5 inch tip and it sounds really good. I have had multiple people ask if its a v8 lol. Just a nice tip does a lot for the look I think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts