Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so while I am deciding the future of my Stang and looking for a new DD, I am planning my goals to accomplish by March. Heres what I have came up with so far....

Suspension Mods

FLSFC
H&R SS Springs
U/L Control Arms
4.10's
Lakewood 70/30 and 50/50 Shock's and Strut's
OR
Eibach Pro System Suspension kit from LMR

Anything you guys would change? I hope to start ordering by January

·
Registered
655 Posts
The Eibach Pro System kit looks like a really nice group of suspension components. It's nice to know that the shocks and struts it comes with are actually designed to work with the springs.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Don't pair the lowering springs with 70/30s. Based on your selection of 70/30s it seems you're looking for a drag suspension therefore stiffer rate lowering springs are a move in the wrong direction. If you're looking to drop the ride height cut a coil off of each stock spring and re-use them. Everything else looks okay.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
what he said ^^^^ or.. of the 2 options I'd go with the eibach system.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't pair the lowering springs with 70/30s. Based on your selection of 70/30s it seems you're looking for a drag suspension therefore stiffer rate lowering springs are a move in the wrong direction. If you're looking to drop the ride height cut a coil off of each stock spring and re-use them. Everything else looks okay.
what he said ^^^^ or.. of the 2 options I'd go with the eibach system.
Okay, so Eibach then? I already have a coil off of my springs and my ride is terrible. So stiff even with new OEM shocks/struts. Ido want a track friendly set-up, but still very streetable. So, I guess more of a mild track set-up? What UCA/LCA's should I go with? FLSFC? My budget is under 1k.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
why not do upr tubular k with the coilover? I may be wrong but I think I remember it being less than the eibach kit

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wondering if you have bushings wore out. If you only cut one coil then it shouldn't be "terrible". What dampners you using?

Flsfc should be first on that list.
I am running KYB GR-2's now. Which is basically a OEM replacement. They have 12k on them. The list wasn't in order, just a list. 4.10's first, then FLSFC, followed by Shocks/struts and Springs and U/LCA.

why not do upr tubular k with the coilover? I may be wrong but I think I remember it being less than the eibach kit
It is ($650), but I still have to get rear coilovers or shocks. Which will run almost my whole budget if not more.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
hm.. I would hold off on UCA's..

I would do:
1. FLSFC
2. gears
3. LCA's

and see where that gets you.

then I would look into the eibachs.. unless your ride really does drive you crazy.. in that case I would look at that first.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hm.. I would hold off on UCA's..

I would do:
1. FLSFC
2. gears
3. LCA's

and see where that gets you.

then I would look into the eibachs.. unless your ride really does drive you crazy.. in that case I would look at that first.
I was going to go.

Gears
FLSFC
And then the Eibach Pro Kit would go on along with the FLSFC's. Since it will be already on the lift.

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
I was going to go.

Gears
FLSFC
And then the Eibach Pro Kit would go on along with the FLSFC's. Since it will be already on the lift.
Better be a different type of lift doing subframes then doing springs. You want your suspension loaded when doing subframes.

Also, KYB struts aren't all that great. Heck, I like the Monroe shocks from Oreilly better than those. Could be part of your problem with ride.

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Okay, so Eibach then? I already have a coil off of my springs and my ride is terrible. So stiff even with new OEM shocks/struts. Ido want a track friendly set-up, but still very streetable. So, I guess more of a mild track set-up? What UCA/LCA's should I go with? FLSFC? My budget is under 1k.
Unless you buy an Eibach drag spring kit the spring rate is going to be all wrong as well. Cut stock springs don't ride any different that uncut stock springs, they're the same spring rate only shorter. Your terrible ride is most likely a product of KYBs.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unless you buy an Eibach drag spring kit the spring rate is going to be all wrong as well. Cut stock springs don't ride any different that uncut stock springs, they're the same spring rate only shorter. Your terrible ride is most likely a product of KYBs.
Bulloch, this is the kit I am looking at

1979-04 Mustang Eibach Pro-System Lowering Spring, Shock And Strut Kit at LRS - Free Shipping!

I know the KYB's are ****, I bought them because my ride was even worse before. It improved a lil but not that much. Picked them up off of a friends wrecked 04 GT

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Bulloch, this is the kit I am looking at

1979-04 Mustang Eibach Pro-System Lowering Spring, Shock And Strut Kit at LRS - Free Shipping!

I know the KYB's are ****, I bought them because my ride was even worse before. It improved a lil but not that much. Picked them up off of a friends wrecked 04 GT
You need to decide which direction you wanna go. If you're looking at that kit for the drag strip you're wasting your money. If you're looking to lower your car and have a stiff ride, buy it. Lowering springs do not belong on the drag strip period. The stock spring rate, cut, is the perfect spring for a stock suspension Mustang. Those shocks are **** for the dragstrip, probably great for aggressive street driving though. You simply can't have both... either it's gonna turn great or it's gonna accelerate in a straight line very well.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You need to decide which direction you wanna go. If you're looking at that kit for the drag strip you're wasting your money. If you're looking to lower your car and have a stiff ride, buy it. Lowering springs do not belong on the drag strip period. The stock spring rate, cut, is the perfect spring for a stock suspension Mustang. Those shocks are **** for the dragstrip, probably great for aggressive street driving though. You simply can't have both... either it's gonna turn great or it's gonna accelerate in a straight line very well.
This is now my project, so I guess more drag oriented. How is this suspension set up then?

1994-04 Mustang Eibach Drag Launch Spring And Lakewood Drag Shock & Strut Kit at LRS - Free Shipping!

I didn't know if it would be too aggressive for the street

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
This is now my project, so I guess more drag oriented. How is this suspension set up then?

1994-04 Mustang Eibach Drag Launch Spring And Lakewood Drag Shock & Strut Kit at LRS - Free Shipping!

I didn't know if it would be too aggressive for the street
A much better choice but can be had much cheaper. Again, cut the stock springs to your desired ride height. Buy the 70/30s from the cheapest place you can find and buy the airbag from Laurel Mountain Mustang (less than $40 shipped if I recall). Leave decent stock style shocks on the rear (stock style replacements are all 50/50).

If you wanna go more hardcore go 90/10s up front...... and get your check book ready when you want to get some double adjustables for the rear. I lucked up and picked up my Afco D/As used for less than $200, they retail at $700.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I'm cut 1.5 in the front and 1 in the rear. You would never know they were cut, the ride is great. They are paired up with Tokico HP Blues.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I'm cut 1.5 in the front and 1 in the rear. You would never know they were cut, the ride is great. They are paired up with Tokico HP Blues.
I'm coil overed in the front and cut 1.5 coils out back with 28" tires....... plenty of room (but my car is rather light).... there's not a concrete answer on how many coils to cut, it's kind of unique to each car but for a stock weight car with a small tire 1 coil is close to perfect.

·
I Need More Power!!!
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A much better choice but can be had much cheaper. Again, cut the stock springs to your desired ride height. Buy the 70/30s from the cheapest place you can find and buy the airbag from Laurel Mountain Mustang (less than $40 shipped if I recall). Leave decent stock style shocks on the rear (stock style replacements are all 50/50).

If you wanna go more hardcore go 90/10s up front...... and get your check book ready when you want to get some double adjustables for the rear. I lucked up and picked up my Afco D/As used for less than $200, they retail at $700.
So basically run 70/30's and strock rear shocks with a weight transfer airbag and im good?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Pretty much yes. Lowering springs alter the car's instant center and movement and can hamper launch traction.... if you still have the lowering springs your dragstrip launch will be compromised, not saying that you must change them but it's optimal.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts