Modded Mustang Forums banner

541 - 560 of 561 Posts

·
13,575 Posts
Im just wanting the mount for the oil filter and engine block cause im running Teflon line.

·
Trying to Get There
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #543
Im just wanting the mount for the oil filter and engine block cause im running Teflon line.
Hayden Oil Filter Relocation Kits 291 - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

I think this is the same one that comes with the on3 kit

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

8an fittings wouldn't fit with the relocation parallel with the header. I had to have it turned down at a angle.
mine is turned down about 45-50 degrees from parallel

·
13,575 Posts
I do not think that will work we have a 22x1.5" oil filter that one goes up to 20x1.5 ill look around thanks

·
Trying to Get There
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #546

·
Trying to Get There
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #548
Modded the on3 y pipe with a magnaflow cat and vband flange - tried my hand at some TIG welding

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Congratulations on the addition to the family.
thanks

·
13,575 Posts
Im still struggling with the whole TIG steel concept cause im so used to welding old school and having a big fat beed when TIG welding requires almost no beed. Aluminum ive got figured out i just need to practice to make my welds look better.

·
Trying to Get There
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #552
Im still struggling with the whole TIG steel concept cause im so used to welding old school and having a big fat beed when TIG welding requires almost no beed. Aluminum ive got figured out i just need to practice to make my welds look better.
Are you using a foot pedal - it helped a ton to be able to back off on the amperage and using smaller filler wire that the thickness of the part. I used 1/16 lanthanated tungsten with .045 filler for most welds with stainless and they are all lap joint welds

·
13,575 Posts
That looks pretty good. I do use a foot pedal but where I have been welding aluminum I'm trying to add to much filler wire like the aluminum requires when I'm welding steel. My welds are solid but they are thicker.

·
Trying to Get There
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #556
Got some more stuff done - but have not been able to document as well with life - since last time:

Fabbed down pipe with wastegate vent
fabbed Intercooler entry pipe
wired rear o2 sensor (two connections to one sensor)
finished exhaust from down pipe to cat (vbanded)
modded the radiator hose lower
steel braided PS line
fabbed intake pipe and maf sensor
went back to stock radiator fan

541 - 560 of 561 Posts