Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To start off my car is the color Red Fire so you know what its going on. I'm going to be getting new rims in the spring, deciding between 18" chrome saleens and 18" anthracite bullitts, leaning towards the bullitts though. Anyways to my question, I see on american muscle they just sell deep dish 18x9 and 18x10, now obivously im going to be getting 10's on the back and 9s up front but as far as deep dish on the front goes. I'm guessing the dish would be smaller on the 9" rim but I'm wondering would having deep dish up front and out back look bad? Or can I get just an 18"x9 bullitt rim with no deep dish?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
I always thought they sold an 18x9 bullitt rim with no deep dish on americanmuscle but I just looked again now and see they're both deep dish, I seen the pictures posted on the site and I'm not really sure if I'm diggin the front having a lip. Unless of course it is shallower then the 10" lip

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
i think it would look fine but the saleens would look better imo.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
What about going with a 17x8 or 9 in the front?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya I seen that too but I don't want to run a 17 in the front and an 18 in the back, unless you meant going with 17's all the way around. I think if I'm going to spend the money and get rims I want to go 18's, its just something about those chrome saleens, they look almost too chrome, like a cheap ass chrome hubcap from walmart.

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
I like the saleens, but if you go bullitts get the 17s, the tires are way way cheaper than 18s

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just priced out on americanmuscle.com and with 4 tires, and 4 rims (18x9,18x10 bullitts) its going to be almost 1700 by the time its shipped to my house here in canada. Theres a modded mustangs promotional code too isn't there? to save 5 or 10 percent or something. I guess the benefit with going 17's all the way around would mean I could put some nice wide 315's on the back.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I just priced out on americanmuscle.com and with 4 tires, and 4 rims (18x9,18x10 bullitts) its going to be almost 1700 by the time its shipped to my house here in canada. Theres a modded mustangs promotional code too isn't there? to save 5 or 10 percent or something. I guess the benefit with going 17's all the way around would mean I could put some nice wide 315's on the back.
yea and you gain .5 inches in the back haha

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Mustang Wheels and Rims at CruizinConcepts.com

take a look at these wheel's many brands go into each brand the listing is not all they have its just showing one wheel of the brand name you have to go into each one like foose, shelby, etc. to see the different types they have also they off the lowest prices thats what they claim so put them to the test if you find some you like the have both types that you mentioned above and alot of other cool looking wheels i found them on the MM&FF mag and the bullitt deep dishes 18x9 front and 18x10 rears with nitto 555 balance are like $600 cheaper at this site that if you meant the 1700 was for those i think the saleens are are $1000 for the same size and tires and both have many different finishes you can choose from. and i think they are the same brand that American muscle has not sure though but they are nice

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah Saleens for sure

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Not a big fan of dd's up front. Out back looks old school muscle, and up front looks like the car doesn't know which way its going. Thing about going with a 17x10.5 is that there aren't that many tires to choose from. I have 17x10.5's and 17x8's. Looks great and has a sort of fatty/skinny look. If you want 18's, personally, I would go with something thats not a dd like the Saleens or Cobras.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Not a big fan of dd's up front. Out back looks old school muscle, and up front looks like the car doesn't know which way its going. Thing about going with a 17x10.5 is that there aren't that many tires to choose from. I have 17x10.5's and 17x8's. Looks great and has a sort of fatty/skinny look. If you want 18's, personally, I would go with something thats not a dd like the Saleens or Cobras.
It doesn't because its uncaged and ready to kick ass and take names in any direction. :cool:

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
It doesn't because its uncaged and ready to kick ass and take names in any direction. :cool:
I guess you got me there, lol. By the way, Smokeshow, you know what you need for that Redfire Gt? A redfire pony with black true flames on it. Hey, I just happen to have one. My wife had it painted redfire instead of laser red. Doesn't quite match.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm in the same boat, I want chrome saleens, or deep dish charcoal bullitts, with your color go chrome saleens, that redfire and chrome will pop, everybody will be starring at your car!!

·
Registered
978 Posts
i like my 17x9's up front with the 17x10.5's in the back. not as much of a lip, but a huge lip in the rear. if i was to go 18's (which i want to) get the Black Saleens. they are really nice. it will set your car off

1 - 20 of 27 Posts