Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Unless i missed it, he didnt state the electrical issues so it would be hard to tell you what to look for

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just texted him and he said he thinks the mass air meter is bad, or it could be a grounding issue. He said it runs poor when it is hooked up and fine when unhooked.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I think $7500 is to much for that car. Just my opinion though

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
when whats hooked up??

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
I think $7500 is to much for that car. Just my opinion though
THIS^ offer him 55 if not walk away, its cheap parts in it

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
truuu but junk heads and stock pistons rods crank so it wont reach where that blower likes to run at.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
If he thinks it has a maff issue, then it makes no sense to not have replaced it..

But i do agree, thats a bad ass supercharger

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
buy my car for that much

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Car looks pretty clean. It's obvious the guy doesn't want the car anymore if he doesn't want to throw a set of cats and a few other emission pieces on to keep it. It would not be expensive or take long. Low ball him, it's Christmas and he could need the coin. I wouldn't consider a maf an electrical problem. Electrical problems to me are more like a short or major wiring problem he has tried to diagnose but was not successful. Make sure you take a good test drive check all things like wipers, power windows, lights etc.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I would probably look elsewhere. I certainly wouldn't be driving a s/c'd car without the maf plugged in, let alone if it had just a h/c/i. It might be just me, but I wouldn't buy a car with known problems and try to fix them, yeah it may be a quick fix, or it may not. I have had my fair share of issues with a used vehicle that seemed like a good deal.

·
Registered
588 Posts
heads/cam/12 pounds of boost on a stock tranny if you buy it plan on saving some cash as a just in case policy cuz nobody does all that to a car and doesnt drive it hard..... atleast I don't:) just saying cuz when I bought mine it was a bolt on car but had purge holes drilled and they left the WOT switch bracket on so I knew it had been spayed and 2 1/2 months after I bought it the tranny was toast.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
Still has a stock rear end... Stock gears... Stock tranny... Only 32 pound injectors... MAF issue... Ugly wheels/paint IMO... Meh heads... Only good thing is the blower and condition of the body.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
32 lb injextors on a blown car? A T5? 3.08 gear? Probably fried the computer and its in limp mode(failed maf mode), and may need some diagnostics to find and fix the underlying issue. Sweet looking coupe tho, but not worth the coin. Cool blower tho, one of my favs.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
And It never said anything about horsepower numbers... I'm assuming it's not even tuned.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Still has a stock rear end... Stock gears... Stock tranny... Only 32 pound injectors... MAF issue... Ugly wheels/paint IMO... Meh heads... Only good thing is the blower and condition of the body.

Sent from my galaxy s II
basically what i was getting at.

·
Banned
10,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lol I offered 4k.

His response: "I'll have to pass on that offer. The supercharger alone is worth 3k. You are devaluing the car because its not everything it could be rather than valuing what it is. I understand it is a work in progress, but the lowest I will go is 6k"

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Offer when summer comes and he still has it ull have 4k

Sent from my SPH-D700 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 27 Posts