Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, Im heading up to the track tomorrow. Last day its open til April :( I have my own Nitto NT555rs. Im pumped, it'll probally be busy but as long as I can hit 5 runs Ill be happy.

I cut 1.9 60's on 30psi (yes 30psi) If you drop the psi down to like 16-18 wouldnt that make the car have more drag on it?? Because its not like a M.T were it has a thick sidewall. If yes or no what should I run the psi at?

Any guess's as to what Ill run? Im hoping for a 13.2-13.3. I hit a 13.408 with a half tank, and 20lbs of tools in my trunk. And on 30psi NT555Rs. So I figure Ill have a 1/4 tank roughly 24lbs shaved, and minus the tool bag. So thats 44lbs gone.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
thats way too high even more nittos yo.. try 18 and go from there!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lmao I figured. But like I said wont it cause drag? Because they dont have thick sidewalls like M.Ts or slicks

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
they wont sag enough to make a difference..

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I set my tire pressure on my 15 inch BF Goodrich at 17 and cut 2.0s...

Let's just say that was my best 60'. I guess that doesn't help you. It did yield my 13.85 though.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill start at like 28 then work my way down. Hoping to cut atleast a 1.9..hopefully a 1.8

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
15-16 PSI will work pretty well with those tires if you want some traction!(works for me) ...

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
My last run on my 555rs i didnt even touch them and did a 1.9/1.8 sixty. Im too afraid that if i let air out than it will grip too well and tear up my rear. Pansy i guess:sorry

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
My last run on my 555rs i didnt even touch them and did a 1.9/1.8 sixty. Im too afraid that if i let air out than it will grip too well and tear up my rear. Pansy i guess:sorry
I was worried about breakin stuff when I first went, but I just told myself, "if it breaks, well, ****. It breaks." I've had good luck so far- I powershift the living **** outta my tranny and launch out of the gate at about five grand.

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
ive got about 20 passes on slicks launching at 4500. So far no breakage..:)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
1.8 on 35 psi here too...and i wouldn't worry too much about breakage...

and you should have 13.2 with a 1.8...at least 13.3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts