Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys...So I decided to do away with HiTech 2 cams and just start saving for a Vortech or Procharger. Im going to try and buy one used to save money. I see a lot of P1-SC kits on here go for $2,100-$2,500. But if that doesnt happen I was thinking about buying this off Summit

Vortech 4FL218-150L - Vortech Tuner Centrifugal Supercharger Kits - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Then buying a fuel pump, fuel injectors and an intercooler. But used Vortech's or prochargers arent very hard to comeby.

Im 19, and money isnt that great for me. I got stuck with a horrendous car payment for my stang, 60 month, and about $420 a month on it. I make alittle over $300 a week. So tax money will play a huge factor on this in Febuary. Last year I made out good, so hopefully I do this year too.
Sence money is tight, do you guys think Im just better off buying a used kit? Id say yea.

·
Cones = Yummy!
2,241 Posts
Based on this thread

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/142763-what-parts-do-i-need-supercharger.html

And this 'how to..."

$1500 96-04GT Supercharger kit "how its done" - MustangForums.com

and your budget = Vortech..

after reading this I decided I'm done with bolt ons and I"m working this route.. I'm considering a procharger, from the looks as long as it's counter clockwise and straight discarge it should still be pretty simple..

Lookig on line now for V3's.. once I find the head I'll get the rest..

·
Registered
292 Posts
so prochargers are better?

power band wise or just the products themselves just better?
I would have to say all around better!! I know people who have tried both and they love the procharger?! Maybe user preference?! Pro chargers are alot more though. For a full intercooled kit i would say around $6k compared to vortechs $2700.

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
They are both great. But unless it's a F1 or bigger I'll stick with Vortech and even then I would rather have a Vortech YSI trim. It supports 1200hp and fits on the same bracket as a S-trim.

The best thing about Vortech is it's price and how easy and cheap it is to upgrade later. With an entry level S-trim I made 600 rwhp when I see a entry level procharger P1SC doing that I'll think they're better. Hell I really don't know of any 2v's making much more than 600 with the bigger D1SC?

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Procharger

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Please do^ :D

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
power seems about the same for both systems...i would get whatever you can find used that is the most complete and cheapest. in other words just look for the best deal

·
Baker Jr.
3,472 Posts
Ya man they both are great systems, do whatever you find, i went used, got my whole setup with everything and 2 extra pulley's and belts and 3core inter cooler, everything except fuel pump used for 2000 cash and i got a ford gt fuel pump new with a friends discount for 70 bucks

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
Just another view on things here.

How about instead of spending all that money on a supercharger, you use it to pay down debt, or save it to buy a house.

Dumb financial decisions early in life can give you hell later on.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just another view on things here.

How about instead of spending all that money on a supercharger, you use it to pay down debt, or save it to buy a house.

Dumb financial decisions early in life can give you hell later on.

Just something to think about.
Uhmm :gay

Id rather blow my stang :eek:

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Novi 2000 Ftw

·
Registered
980 Posts
In all honesty, any of the big three - ProCharger, Vortech, and Paxton - will get you where you need to go. Also, both Vortech and Paxton are owned by the same company. Just make sure you know what you're buying when you buy it, and if it's local, that's even better. Good luck!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok. Works for me.

When you are 30 and have shitty credit, and can't afford or get financed for a house at least you will have a fast Mustang
:rolleyes:

I was just messin with u my man. I know that would be the smart choice. But, I figure you only live once, have some fun

·
Registered
980 Posts
Take it from me, can't have fun when you're broke! Don't immediately spend the cash when you save up though, make sure you have at least like $1,000 left over after.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts