Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found a cobra intake for 175 bucks on craigslist. the guy stated the lower bolt holes from the lower intake are all stripped. 175 a good buy?

·
Registered
458 Posts
It looks like its in very good condition.

Is this it?

Upper and lower EFI Cobra intake. Fit's 87-93 Mustang with 5.0/302 (should work on an '86). Comes with bolts and NEW upper to lower gasket (lower intake gaskets not included)

The intake is in good shape except that all the bolt holes in the lower intake (for the upper to lower bolts) are stripped and need to be re-tapped.

$175 FIRM

If it is close I would ask to see it. It it looks alright other than the bolts throw 150 at him and see what happens.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
not a bad deal really. just like someone else said helicoil and rock it. if it ****s up again just find another lower intake. they are everywhere...sorta

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep it's that one hmer. i actually checked out the trickflow one too. i gave the guy a call on the the trickflow. that one's a pretty ghood deal cuz he's throwing in a 75mm bbk TB. i'm gonna see if i can throw 425 bucks on the trickflow. the guy for the cobra intake isn't returning my email.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
both of them are somewhat close to my area.. probably like a 30 minute drive or so. i'm gonna check the condition of the cobra one, hopefully i can just retap it. i have had bad experience in heli coiling stuff. lol.

·
Registered
458 Posts
yep it's that one hmer. i actually checked out the trickflow one too. i gave the guy a call on the the trickflow. that one's a pretty ghood deal cuz he's throwing in a 75mm bbk TB. i'm gonna see if i can throw 425 bucks on the trickflow. the guy for the cobra intake isn't returning my email.
That is what I was thinking! A trickflow intake and 75mm TB.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts