Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Adjustable ones... Penske, for instance makes shocks that can be adjusted for ride height.

·
Danger To Manifold
1,488 Posts
Get some adjustable struts and grab the UPR coil over conversion kit. It's cheap and it works great. I had to use it for my car.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
I have read good things about the UPR coil over kits. In fact, I am about to order them for my strange 10 way shocks/struts.
Fully adjustable so you can make it as low as you want without being too low.
Spring rates can vary for different purposes, I have been told for a mainly street driven stang go with 250 lb/in in the front and 175 lb/in in rear.
Here is a helpful thread to read:
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/162691-coil-over-install-pics.html

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
I have UPR front coilovers up front, had them for roughly a year now, and trust me they take a beating. They've worked great for me. I would recommend them.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
BazNastyDave has the UPR Coil Overs and Strange 10-way adjustable shocks/struts and his car his functional and slammed. So from what I have seen from him (Chime in Dave) I would rep that.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
yeah i love my upr setup. i would highly NOT recommend the strange setup due to RIDICULOUSE noise but the coilovers themselves work like a champ!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
You got Crunch, UPR 175 lb 14 inch coil over's up front with Strange 10 way shocks and struts. Rides a little rougher than stock but ANY Coil Over will give ya that. It performs great at the track, I can still take curves well over the speed limit, oh and one more thing, its slammed! You can't fit a pinkey in between the fender and tire but they don't rub a bit.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I have the UPR coil overs front and rear with Lakewood drag shocks and struts and UPR 4-bolt caster/camber plates. Much stiffer than stock and looks/handles awesome. Really hooks well at the track as well. With just the coil overs and full exhaust, I turned a 13.98 my second time at the track. The only time mine makes noise is when I crank the wheel to back out of my driveway or something. The CC plates make a popping noise, but no big deal for me.

They are fully adjustable as well. Just the other day I put her in the air and took the fronts down a lot. Now I can barely get a finger in between the tire and the fender. However, my tires do rub on the inner fender well up front. I think the different model years have different inner fender well linings. Highly recommend the UPR kit. GO for it! PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Oh, and by the way, I believe I have the 250 lb spring rate up front and 175 lb rate in the rear. It's the most "streetable" setup I could go with.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just want as low a possible and as tight as possible lol and My inner wells ar gone cause its low right now but on shocks. so whats the stiffest the UPR's go??

I have the UPR coil overs front and rear with Lakewood drag shocks and struts and UPR 4-bolt caster/camber plates. Much stiffer than stock and looks/handles awesome. Really hooks well at the track as well. With just the coil overs and full exhaust, I turned a 13.98 my second time at the track. The only time mine makes noise is when I crank the wheel to back out of my driveway or something. The CC plates make a popping noise, but no big deal for me.

They are fully adjustable as well. Just the other day I put her in the air and took the fronts down a lot. Now I can barely get a finger in between the tire and the fender. However, my tires do rub on the inner fender well up front. I think the different model years have different inner fender well linings. Highly recommend the UPR kit. GO for it! PM me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just want as low a possible and as tight as possible lol and My inner wells ar gone cause its low right now but on shocks. so whats the stiffest the UPR's go??

I assume you don't drive on gravel roads much? Your fenders will show extreme wear after awhile.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts